Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I already have a G26 and G43.
I feel 9mm is covered.
I already have a G30s too. 45acp is my mission.
So I am thinking G21sf or G30sf.
For some reason I am leaning towards G30sf, maybe because it's THE 45acp to own, in my mind. But I'm not about to shuck my G30s.
Is it silly to go G30sf, when I already have a G30s?
I know a G 21 makes more sense.
I only get one new gun this year.
Help me be reasonable.
In think the G30 SF will be more accurate, and I can put a 10mm conversion on it.
But the G30s is pretty darn accurate !
And I could do a 10mm conversion on a G21 too. Plus I could have a decent light rail on a G21.
Is a G30 SF much more accurate than a G21sf?
I had a G21 gen 3, and it was really accurate, and I regret selling it.
Still, I can't help but want a G30sf.
Help please....!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a nice refurbished G41 at my LGS.
Was a cops gun, you can still see the outline of the dept seal under the new Glock finish. $500.
I thought people were liking the G21 better.
I've not shot a 41, don't know anyone who has.

·
NRA "Benefactor Life" Member
726 Posts
Ok, I already have a G26 and G43.
I feel 9mm is covered.
I already have a G30s too. 45acp is my mission.
So I am thinking G21sf or G30sf.
For some reason I am leaning towards G30sf, maybe because it's THE 45acp to own, in my mind. But I'm not about to shuck my G30s.
Is it silly to go G30sf, when I already have a G30s?
I know a G 21 makes more sense.
I only get one new gun this year.
Help me be reasonable.
In think the G30 SF will be more accurate, and I can put a 10mm conversion on it.
But the G30s is pretty darn accurate !
And I could do a 10mm conversion on a G21 too. Plus I could have a decent light rail on a G21.
Is a G30 SF much more accurate than a G21sf?
I had a G21 gen 3, and it was really accurate, and I regret selling it.
Still, I can't help but want a G30sf.
Help please....!
Since your getting one gun per year,(may I say your an oak). You have got the .45 compact covered in the 30S. I love the 30S but now I would cover the full size .45. I had a 21 but traded it for the 41 MOS. Great trade love the longer and narrower slide. Shoots well and I put TruGlo TFX sights on, love it. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Debating whether to go G30SF when you already have (and are happy with) a G30S is a pretty small world to think too much about.

Here is what I would suggest, since you also have a G26 and G34, and you really want another .45

I will present it like an IQ Test:

G26 is to G34 as G30S is to _____?

Having a G41 would complete that set, and that is for sure a very nice set of Glocks to have.

·
Registered
19,812 Posts
The G30S and G30SF seem so similar that it would be hard to recommend getting both when there are so many other options to purchase.
I don't think that you are guaranteed that a G30SF will be more accurate. :dunno:
To properly do a 10mm conversion, you really should buy a slide, barrel and magazine combination. You might as well buy a whole gun. A Glock 29 SF might be a nice addition (plus, a .40 S&W conversion barrel was an inexpensive and flawless modification for mine).

It is fun to have some variety to choose from when you go to the range. I would think that a Glock 21 or a Glock 29 would offer you more than a very similar Glock 30 variation.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
First-World Free-State Problems!

Get a G41g4MOS + Optic

Reactions: Jdirt

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Please do not buy a G21 and "try" a 10mm conversion. Just cowboy up and get a G20 or even better if you want to got 10mm. . .

But you have a few Glocks, why not diversify?

fxstchewy is right. There are some sweet 1911s. Or what about what my wife bought me:

SA XDM Competition gun - Bi-Tone - 5.25" match barrel in 45 ACP, steel factory adjustable sights with large fiber optic front sight, great balance in the hand, multiple backstraps for the absolute best fit in your hand, pic rail for a light and a smoother trigger not requiring a 3.5 lbs trigger connector like my Glocks - smooth trigger right out the door. Sure, it's not a Glock 41 - great gun. Love my G21 but why not mix it up?

Recommend you hold the XDM and pull that trigger!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm starting to think the 10mm may be the way to go. I didn't realize a conversion for a G21 took a new slide to do it right.
I have self defense covered pretty good already, so a 10mm sounds good.
I've had several 1911's. I went Glock for simpler to live with.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.