close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I have enough money to buy a USP finally!

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by goodguyswear9, Feb 13, 2010.

1. goodguyswear9

goodguyswear9

Hi guys,

After waiting a long time I finally have enough to buy a new USP 45. I have a giftcard for a chunk of it to my local store. They have one in stock. I'm worried about shelf wear/sitting on the shelf for months. I don't want one that hundreds of hillbillies have fondled for over a year :) Should I ask to order one whick they'll do free? i talked to amanger there awhile ago when I bought a Glock 17 and he said he'd order it. I want to find one as newly manufactured as possible; however, not sure if 2010's are out yet. If I'm going to spend almost $1000 I feel I can dictate things a little.

2. mainegunner

mainegunner

What is the date code on the pistol your looking at?

3. curriek

curriek

$1000 is a lot, even for a brand new USP45. If getting something hot off the line is that important to you, then go ahead and have him order one.

My opinion, buy a used one and use the rest of that money for mags, ammo, holster...

4. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Believer

There's nothing wrong with a NIB pistol that's been setting on a dealers
    shelf for months or even years.

A NIB USP45 manufactured yesterday is no better/no worse than one manufactured
    two years ago.

Even if you order one special there's no guarantee that it will be a newly manufactured pistol.
    It might even be older than your dealers, cause distributers always sell their oldest stock first.

NEVER, NEVER let him order it directly from Heckler and Koch. It might
    take a year (or more) to get it. Order only from a stocking distributer.

Now the hillbilly fingerprints I understand and agree with you, but if the
    pistol has no visible damage, it should be alright.

If it does have some damage, use that to haggle the price down.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  5. HAMMERHEAD

HAMMERHEAD

Nice choice. I wouldn't worry about the hilbillies, heck, I would probably look for a used one on Gunbroker, you can't wear the gun out, and it's not a nickel plated safe queen.

6. goodguyswear9

goodguyswear9

I've gone to look at that store for over a year and I first saw that USP in stock back in the early summer. This isn't an area of the US where people buy guns like that so maybe I should just buy that one? I'm buying a brand new one for sure. I have a giftcard for a large chunk of the price and the gun is $849.99 but I was including taxes.

I wasn't talking so much about sitting on a shelf as I was having alot of handling wear; however, this one doesn't look like it has any wear and you can see alot of oil on the slide.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  7. big68

big68

CDNN has a USP45 for $738 or the new HK45C or HK45 both for $891 with free shipping this weekend. No sales tax either. I would give them a call and look at the HK45 over the old USP version. They have the USP Tactical for $976.

8. goodguyswear9

goodguyswear9

I am currently in college so I am going to buy the gun on Monday at my sporting goods store, and have a family member hold it for me 1 1/2 hours away.

I want to lock it in a case that holds the HK case too; anybody know of a good option I could find in a store?

9. goodguyswear9

goodguyswear9

http://www.amazon.com/SentrySafe-1100-FIRE-SAFE-Chest-Cubic/dp/B0016FZL48/ref=pd_cp_hi_2

The HK plastic pistol case is manufactured with tough polypropylene and stamped with a red HK logo. Thick foam padding inserts are included. Two-piece handle that prevents inadvertent openings and can be secured with a standard pad lock (not included). Dimensions given are the overall length, width and depth of the case. Material: Black polymer
    Storage area: 10.75" x 7" x 3"
    Padlock tabs
    Foam lining
    Built in handle
    Airline approved

Is this the case USPs come in and would the pistol case fit in that firesafe from Amazon?

10. goodguyswear9

goodguyswear9

I wanted to know while I'm waiting if anybody has a picture of everything you get in the case?

11. bondmid003

bondmid003

Congrats on joining the USP club!

12. gatorglockman

gatorglockman

Congrats. See my icon...that is my USP9. I love em.

Look at the hood of the barrel (the exposed part of the barrel where the round ejects. If the paint/black ox. has been worn away...it has indeed been fondled by one too many a hillbilly. It means NOTHING as far as accuracy, reliability, etc go...but if I was gonna buy a NIB USP for that price...dang it I would want it looking NIB and I would want to be the one to wear the finish off of the barrel.

I bought a used USP40 and the barrel hood was sans black oxide. No biggie to me because I bought it used and knew the round count, date code, that it was in excellent condition, etc.

I work a second job at a place that sells firearms. We have the relatively new SIG P250's in and, yep...the finish is worn off of the barrel already. Part of that is because we always open the chamber to inspect/show clear/provide safety and courtesy to our customers prior to handing them a pistol (as we should!)....but if the weapon sits there for a while, you guessed it....that is a whole lot of slide rackin' going down.

If you are a college student and this is your first really nice handgun purchase...do it right and buy something you will be 100% happy with and regret free. The HK USP is an AWESOME selection and you will love the ergo's, accuracy, look and prestige of the brand. Have fun my friend.

13. H&K 4 LIFE

H&K 4 LIFE Leonum A Ignis

What you get with a new USPc...

USP Compact pistol
    2-3 magazines (depending on package)

USP manual, warranty card, and NRA application card
    HK cable lock
    HK key for lockout device
    Fired test case in envelope
    Packet of silica desiccant

:)

14. goodguyswear9