GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after loading on a Hornady LNL AP for the last 5 years I decided to get a Dillon 650. I never had any major issues with the Hornady, but I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

So what are the must have accessories? I bought the following:

Strong mount
Case feeder
Roller handle

What else is a must?

I just got it yesterday and haven't had a chance to load on it yet. However, it sure is purdy!

Reactions: crockett

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Good luck!

·
Registered
4,643 Posts

·
Brass picker
641 Posts
The light mentioned above is a must. Both of my presses have one and they are worth twice the price.

·
NRA & Second Amendment Life Member
1,561 Posts
I like this replacement knob for the Dillon powder measure.

Steve

Taylor Tactical Supply Knob.png

Reactions: SJ 40

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My favorite add on for my RL550B is the Micrometer Powder Bar attachment for the Dillon Powder Measure. http://www.uniquetek.com/product/T1231

I like this replacement knob for the Dillon powder measure.

Steve

View attachment 319189
I have been eyeing both of these, but that uniquetek is steep $80!

I might just go with one of the cheaper options first. I have the micro meters on my Hornady. I think they're about $30...

I ordered the bullet tray and tool kit/holder from Dillon today.

·
NRA & Second Amendment Life Member
1,561 Posts
The Taylor Tactical knob is advertised on You Tube.

I found I needed to use their slightly thicker replacement washer to make it function properly. Also, I had to use a pair of pliers to squeeze the locking key back in place. I used a piece of cloth to protect the key's surface from getting damaged. The You Tube video shows how to make the replacement. Unfortunately, you have to watch a short advertisement before viewing video.

Steve

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I just get extra powder bars and never adjust them. Set them once for the load I want, swap them out and confirm.

·
Brass picker
641 Posts
Do a search on eBay for Dillon powder measure knob and you will see there are a lot of options. I can't bring myself to spend $80 on a knob that gets adjusted very seldomly. The pretty blue "press on" knobs work just fine and cost Around $3.00 each. I can afford to put one on every powder measure and keep a few spares in the parts department.

By the way I have purchased two of the light kits you sell and they are outstanding. So bright I nearly have to wear sunglasses to reload.

Reactions: CarryTexas

·
DFC, MSM, 12 Air Medals.
10,114 Posts
I just get extra powder bars and never adjust them. Set them once for the load I want, swap them out and confirm.

It’s even simpler if you are swapping out the small powder bars.
Remove the plastic plug.
Slide out the spacer bar.
Left up on the powder bar till it clears the bellcrank cube and pull the bar out.
Slide in the other powder bar. Being careful not to dislodge the cube.
Replace the spacer bar and plastic plug.
Add powder, verify the charge, start loading, fast, easy, simple.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts