Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a g43 new in the box. I ran 100 rds of factory ammo through it and the safety plunger has scratches on it. Glock told me it was totally normal even though they never saw it. Has anyone else had this problem?
Metal

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I' posi
So even though they've claimed to never have seen this, its normal? Wow.

You're positive these marks weren't there from new?
I'm positive they weren't there. Yes I am mad at Kevin Maddox at glock US because you can' say anything is normal without seeing it. I tried to get should of his supervisor but couldn' get him on the phone

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
Does the firing pin safety move up and down freely?

The only way I could see that happening in 100 rounds would be if it was jammed in its bore.

Mine has about 5K rounds through it, it has the shiney wear marks like those on the left of your picture, no gouges at all.

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
Glock told me it was totally normal even though they never saw it.
No one can tell from your language whether you mean:

1. Glock has NEVER EVER seen a scored FIRING PIN SAFETY before,
or
2. Glock has NEVER EVER seen a scored G43 FIRING PIN SAFETY before,
or
2. Glock has not seen your particular and specific FIRING PIN SAFETY.

Option one seems unlikely, and option two only a little less so. :)

I suspect you mean option three. Did you send them your photo?

Welcome to Glock Talk.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Does the firing pin safety move up and down freely?

The only way I could see that happening in 100 rounds would be if it was jammed in its bore.

Mine has about 5K rounds through it, it has the shiney wear marks like those on the left of your picture, no gouges at all.
After looking at the pic for a minute, the 'well' (for lack of the correct term) which it travels in looks scored. Lower right, closest to the breech face. Just an observation, I have no idea what the remedy is. Mine looks as new after 500ish rounds.
:dunno:

·
Wood butcher
2,430 Posts
Mine only has about 500 rounds through it, but the FPS looks perfectly smooth. If you emailed a photo, would they replace? It's not like it needs to go back. It's not normal wear and if they haven't heard of it, how do they imagine it happened to call it normal?

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
I recently purchased a g43 new in the box. I ran 100 rds of factory ammo through it and the safety plunger has scratches on it. Glock told me it was totally normal even though they never saw it. Has anyone else had this problem? View attachment 388463
Mine doesn’t look like that after roughy 1800 rounds.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.