Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, So I took one of my Diamondbacks out to clean and I noticed the cylinder wasnt closed all the way and for some reason I cannot get it to close properly. I never had this problem before, the pistol has never been shot, can someone give me some hints on what is going on? Thank You

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The cylinder release does move backwards some and the ejection rod does not appear to be loose or backing out

·
Super Moderator
20,036 Posts
Hopefully the hammer was not cocked when you tried to close it?
If so, I believe the cylinder hand is up far enough to interfere with cylinder closing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont believe it was- wished I was more guru on these things- decided to bring it to a certified gunsmith tomorow he has been in business for a long time but thank you guys for the help and replying back

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
My money goes on the assumption that the ejector rod has backed out.
Had one come into the shop that the rod had backed out while shooting and he couldn't open the cylinder.

·
l'Italia s'è desta
7,557 Posts
My money goes on the assumption that the ejector rod has backed out.
Had one come into the shop that the rod had backed out while shooting and he couldn't open the cylinder.
I've had it happen to me on a Smith and Wesson j frame. See if you can screw it back in.

·
NRA Life Member
66,538 Posts
Check to see if your ejection rod is loose and backing out.
My first thought as well.

I've had it happen to me on a Smith and Wesson j frame. See if you can screw it back in.
Happens to S&W too. You just don't see it as often as you did back when everybody carried and shot revolvers.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
It only took about three quarters of a turn to get the cylinder open and we could then tighten it the rest of the way. Quick note, Smith revolvers tighten COUNTERclockwise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Uhm well I found out what it was- the tiniest piece of material, (cloth) was stuck behind the ejector. My friend and I were looking at it and he happen to notice it after looking at the darn thing for about 10 minutes. It was in there in a way to where it was very difficult to see. I couldnt believe it and I mean tiny. I took it out with a tweezer and it closed right up like clockwork. Thanks again for all the replies- I feel kinda stupid now actually.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Glad you got it resolved.

Glad you have a real Diamondback.

I had a problem with my Diamondback (polymer semiauto) until I sold it. That cleared the problem right up.

·
Registered
16,903 Posts
Uhm well I found out what it was- the tiniest piece of material, (cloth) was stuck behind the ejector. My friend and I were looking at it and he happen to notice it after looking at the darn thing for about 10 minutes. It was in there in a way to where it was very difficult to see. I couldnt believe it and I mean tiny. I took it out with a tweezer and it closed right up like clockwork. Thanks again for all the replies- I feel kinda stupid now actually.
Don't feel stupid, and good on you, that you didn't just shoot it and hope it would work itself out, the Alabama solution to any problem firearms related.

Had a tiny, tiny piece of flaked off brass do the same thing to a High Standard revolver, that sat in my safe for a couple years, due to how old the pistol was. I thought it was something major, gunsmith told me when he went to break it down, as soon as he released the cylinder from the rod saw the flake fall off, immediately reassembled it and it worked perfectly.
In areas with tight tolerances, does not take much to gum up the works.

Reactions: DJ Niner

·
Private side
11,595 Posts
Don't feel stupid, and good on you, that you didn't just shoot it and hope it would work itself out, the Alabama solution to any problem firearms related.
HEY NOW!

Reactions: Maccabeus

·
Registered
6,926 Posts

This makes me :steamed::steamed::steamed::steamed:

How dare Alabama steal the Arkansas method?

OP. Glad you figured it out and for free. Hope you have some great range trips with your Colt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts