I have a new baby sister coming Monday

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Magicmanmb, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Magicmanmb

Magicmanmb RIP BUDDY

[​IMG][/IMG]

Buddy gets Lucy Monday

2. Magicmanmb

Magicmanmb RIP BUDDY

Twins[​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG]

3. Walter45Auto

Walter45Auto Guest

4. ppk/sfan

ppk/sfan Guest

Congrats on your new addition!

5. Magicmanmb

Magicmanmb RIP BUDDY

He was dropped off in our backyard when he was appx 2 or 3 months old. He just turned 4 in June. As best as the vet can tell he's chow, german shepard, golden retreiver and whatever else is anybodies guess. He has the temperment of mouse, bark and size (115 lbs) scares everybody but lets any kid that walks up to him lay on him. Scared the neighbors when one of their bichon frise's got loose the other day while he was walking, there little dog had him down by the neck in about 2 seconds. The chihuahua was a purebred the owner was moving and couldn't keep. She's 14 weeks old and other than the cat beating both of them up on occasion she belongs to him sleeps in our bed with him, (wifes idea not mine). Still deciding as to breeding her since she is registered. In the last year we've had 8 dogs just appear in our yard. 2 we found the owners of they had wondered nearly 6 miles. One we were able to find a home for with a neighbor whose pet had to be put down due to cancer. The rest surprize the local animal control found homes for them all. If they were going to be put down the wife was going to take them and then worry about finding homes for them. If you really want a different pet get a rat, yes a rat it was our sons first pet clean, quiet, would only use the bathroom in one spot never bit him (unlike the white mice I had as a kid).

Any thoughts on breeding?? Other than being a purebred both the wife and I beleive in spaying and neutering. With what breeders are charging around here for chihuahuas ($400-$800)

6. Jeep274

Jeep274 Member When?

Congratulations and thanks for giving them both a good home. Buddy has the sweetest looking face.:)

As far as breeding goes, I suggest reading the text I have pasted below. This is taken from a Labrador Retriever forum I am on and was written by a person who runs a Retriever Rescue with the help of a few very reputable breeders. It is important to take an honest look at your motives for breeding. If money shows up anywhere on the list (meaning profit), then you should not be breeding. I hope this info helps.