close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I have a 3rd gen G22 and bought a

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 64ti, Feb 27, 2010.

1. 64ti

64ti

factory G31 barrel for it to shoot 357 Sig from it. Is the G31 barrel fully supported or should I get another barrel to shoot the hot 357 Sig? I think I read somewhere it is better supported than the 40 factory barrel. If I was at home I would be able to see and answer the question. I am 6K miles away and have some time if the 31 factory barrel is not fully supported to buy one that is. Thanks.

2. countryrebel

countryrebel

If your shooting factory ammo you should be fine with the factory barrel. Even if you are shooting hot reloads you still should be ok. Lone Wolf barrels tend to be a little tighter around the case and offer better support but the factory glock barrels offer a little more wiggle room for reliability. I think I am going to do the same thing you did and get another G22 and get a sig barrel for it. If you already have the factory barrel I would run with it. If the cases bulge to much for your liking go with a LW barrel. Hope this helps.

3. Dingus

Dingus

There is no such thing as a fully supported barrel in a semi-automatic pistol. A fully supported barrel would turn it into a single shot, breech loaded pistol.

There are tens of thousands of law enforcement officers using a G31 with it's factory barrel. Same goes for the G22.

Internet hysteria is addictive. Try to avoid it.