I have 3 Glocks and think I should add another one.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Sechott, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Sechott

Sechott

I have the 43X, 19X, and a 40 MOS with a DPP RDS. I’m thinking those 3 pretty much cover all my needs for concealed, open carry and home defense in pistols. I’m also thinking a G30 or G36 would be a nice addition for me. I’m a 357 Sig fan too, but Glock hasn’t made a single stack in that caliber yet. Maybe I should add a G27 to my collection.

2. Sechott

Sechott

I have the 43X, 19X, and a 40 MOS with a DPP RDS. I’m thinking those 3 pretty much cover all my needs for concealed, open carry and home defense in pistols. I’m also thinking a G30 or G36 would be a nice addition for me. I’m a 357 Sig fan too, but Glock hasn’t made a single stack in that caliber yet. Maybe I should add a G27 to my collection.

cgff likes this.

3. Scott1970

Scott1970

I'd recommend the 30S in a heartbeat for size, accuracy, and ease of shooting with the exception of mine doesn't work properly. If/when Glock fixes it, it will be a regular off duty carry gun.

shooterMcGee likes this.
  4. thewoods868

thewoods868 thewoods868

Gen 4 33 is my daily carry. There’s nothing else with as much power for size out there.

buster55 likes this.
  5. sig357fan

sig357fan

you have both ends of the spectrum cover in 9 mm and 10 mm, but nothing in between or smaller.

you already have the 19X and the 43X, similar in size, give or take a half inch on some of the dimensions, add the Shield Arms S15 mag to the 43X and your with in a couple rounds of the 19X with flush fit mags, what I consider carry mode, I would consider parting with one as long as I could get the Shield Arms mags it I chose to keep the 43X.

you could get a conversion barrel for you model 40 in 357 Sig or 40 S&W from Bar-Sto, seeing as you have 10 mm, I'd go for the 357 Sig barrel, but either way, Bar-Sto barrels don't come cheep.

https://barsto.com/product-category/barrels/glock-model-barrels/glock-model-40/

if I was looking to add a new handgun in a different caliber, I'd go for a model in 40 S&W or 357 Sig, and would lean towards the 23 or the 32, switching between the two calibers is easy with an OEM barrel.

another option would be something in 22 LR, I've not fired a 44 but have heard good reviews, if you want to go fancy, there are a lot of after market parts available for the Ruger MK series and the S&W Victory.

but all of the above would be contingent on finding a new handgun available and ammo in the new caliber, in today's climate, that will be the challenge, so I'd probably stick with what I have and try to stock up on ammo/mags/accessories for both.

6. srjdsmith

srjdsmith

30s gets my vote. Between a 30s for more bulky clothing and a 43 for lighter clothing, I’ve got edc ccw all covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Backsight likes this.
  7. IAhunter

IAhunter Venor ergo sum

Just north of the wall, Cochise County, Arizona
    A G27.3 is my EDC. I like it a lot, but my favorite Glock is my G20.4.

8. SamP250

SamP250

Here's the way the Glock ball has bounced for me so far. And first things first. I was once a Glock skeptic, and now, I love everything about them. I like to upgrade, maintain, and study them. I enjoy disassembling/reassembling a Glock as if it's therapeutic, OK??? LOL!!
    That being said here's what I have:
    Everything is Gen 3
    G19
    G22
    G23
    G27
    This morning, I'm going to buy a G17 (also Gen 3) to add to the stack.
    I have been thinking about getting a single stack Glock. Never even handled one yet, much less fired one. I like the looks of the 43X, and the 48. I currently own a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm, and a Bulgarian Makarov. Those are my single stacks.

My G23 is my overall go to, gitter done, make it happen Glock. I have conversion barrels/mags as needed to go 9mm, .40 or 357 Sig. Im a firm believer in 357 Sig. And with the G23, its just a matter of a quick barrel swap. Don't even need to worry about Magazines. I do have some 357 Sig mags, but the .40 mags work just fine, so - like I said - quick barrel swap to get there. My 357 Sig barrel for the G23 is extra long, and compensated, stainless. It looks cool sticking out from the end of the frame by 3/4 of an inch, and with the 2 slits in the barrel. Extra length barrel with compensation vents seem to do 2 things. Improve accuracy because of length, and stays on target because the barrel flip is not near as much.

I did get a 357 Sig conversion barrel for my G27 as well.

I'm a believer in .40 cal for many scenarios. 9mm is not as much recoil. But regarless of all the controversy, all the arguing, It's clear to me a .40 has more punch than a 9mm. Question - IS that extra little punch with more damage to the target absolutely necessary? I doubt I'll ever really find out. Hope not. But I like all the variety in my Glocks. Switching calibers is fun. Experimenting is fun.

The G19 has just been sitting in the case. I consider it an investment. It's a great gun. Btw, I'm about to start removing the finger grooves on a couple of my Glocks. Grip reduction. Very little stippling designs. Just some custom select areas of the grip. Like the "thumb groove." I'll it stippled. But when I held a Gen 2, I knew I liked that grip better than the finger grooved grips.

Good luck getting your 4th Glock. I wouldn't regret it one bit if I were you.

9. Nagoya10

Nagoya10

In today’s world, where would one go to get a 30, 36 or a 27?

cgff likes this.
  10. cgff

cgff

A 30s or 30 and maybe a 32-23 or 27-33
    The 30s and or a 27 or 33 Ideally

11. Spartan24

Spartan24

Look into armory minimalism. The answer isn’t more, it’s what you already have. You stated yourself that you have your bases covered. Instead of spending money on another gun, spend it on really nice accessories, gear, and quality training. Believe it or not, classes are fun. Join the ranks of us armory minimalists! :cool:

12. Taco636

Taco636

You had me at G27. Love that gun and has been my go-to carry and served me well for many years. I have purchased only one Glock 30 over the years and just never connected with it. It was a great gun and shooter, I just feel for me the .40/9mm covers it well.

13. Glock Commander

Glock Commander

I am thinking Glock 30. I like the G21 and G30 but the G36 did not impress me.

As a senior I want to cut back on what calibers I reload for. I missed the 40 S&W (short & weak) bus and I thought about 357 SIG to bring to the POA BBQ. :fred:

buster55 likes this.
  14. bac1023

bac1023

Maybe a G30 or G30S

JimWillson and Toocool45 like this.
  15. Terps

Terps

G22? .40 is a good caliber

16. Sechott

Sechott

I have a few Sigs with 357/40 barrels.

17. Deadduck357

Deadduck357

18. Lowcountry_Glocker

Lowcountry_Glocker

shoot a baby glock before buying if you havent yet. I had a 33, the sig model. pocket ROCKET. I ditched it. great gun, but no longer wanted it. recently came into a 27. it just sold as well. the shape of the grip bit into my palm, and while a fun gun, I had to be honest with myself and set aside my .40 fanboy for a minute. I wouldnt carry it. just too small and chunky... I'm enamored with this 43x... single stack, love the thin-ness. if I want bigger, I will go to my G29. or my new G23.5, when they drop...

19. Karambit777

Karambit777

You already own 2 models that would literally be my last choices (19x & 43x).

looks like you need a pistol that shoots and conceals like a standard 19. And a true deep concealing pistol like a standard 43.

R.B. Riddick likes this.
  20. DaverZ

DaverZ

I have 2,the gen 4 19 and a gen 3 36,love both.The 19 is my main carry gun and the 36 sometimes for a little easier concealment.I've read where some people had problems with some of the earlier 36's but mine has ran fine from day one.