I hate these commercials

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by CarRamRod, Oct 30, 2010.

1. CarRamRod

CarRamRod Liter of Cola

I've seen two television commercials for a while now that just really bugs the heck out of me. One is for a bank or insurance and the other is for McD's. The action of the commercials are the same. They have people, either couples or individuals talking to the camera about their experience. Of course, each person(s) is in a different location like sitting in a restaurant, or in the car, or at a park, etc. The commercial begins and in no particular order let's say the white folk say their lines (no prob), then the black folk (no prob), then the asian folk (no prob), then the middle east folk (no prob) but then the hispanic folk say their lines with a heavy spanish accent. How or why is it all the rest of the actors spoke clear english without an accent except for the hispanic actors. I guess I already know who these businesses are trying to please.
    Damn, it's gonna be a long day.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  2. Ronaldo

Ronaldo Ancient Member Millennium Member

"I resemble that remark!"

Ronaldo, with heavy accent

3. Dan_ntx

Dan_ntx

Just another reason for TIVO or a DVR of some kind. Almost all of my TV viewing is done only after a sufficient amount of "TIVO Time" has been stored.

With the Rangers in the World Series I have had to watch some live TV lately... but the mute button does wonders between innings. Not to mention that it won't be a problem for much longer unless they figure out a way to score some runs.

4. Ersatz

Ersatz

If they had put the hispanics first in the lineup, without an accent, but the whites had a creole thing going, and the asian folks sounded like parakeets, would you be as equally annoyed?

5. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Ever notice how newsies pronounce meskin words and names with an exaggerated accent but not other non-english words? It's an attempt to appear sophisticated but it really fails.

6. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

Get TIVO, watch TV on your schedule, and FFWD over the commercials. The only time I see commercials are in the morning news.....

7. CarRamRod

CarRamRod Liter of Cola

Well so do I. To this day if I'm out and a some stranger needs directions or the time they usually start out with "Do you speak
    English?". I don't speak a word of spanish. Same with my parents and grandparents.

8. CarRamRod

CarRamRod Liter of Cola

Yes but I'll admit that I might be taking this too personal.

9. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

Because they just came across the river. :rofl:

10. Lonestar 48

Lonestar 48 Silver Member

I do like the woodchuck commercial and the one with the little piggy.

11. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

I find it annoying too. But for a different reason than you. It is quite apparent that those Hispanic actors don't even speak Spanish, and their Spanish accent is completely fake and very noticeably inaccurate.

12. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

¡Hijole!

13. Cobra6

Cobra6

These are still not as bad and irritating as the new Burger King commercials...........

14. Markasaurus

Markasaurus

if you can afford it, just buy the tivo device. Thus you can FF through the nonsense in 15 seconds. are we going to change society? Not likely until it involves bullets not ballots.

15. Bogey

Bogey The Mouth® CLM

Our President does this as well.

16. jtull7

jtull7 Pistolero CLM

I hate ALL commercials. In my opinion, TV is responsible for the dumbing down of the average American into a morass of inane and stupid celebrity worshipers.

I have not watched for one minute of TV for over 35 years. TV and idiotic commercials make me sick at my stomach.

17. PBCounty

PBCounty

When everyone has a device which allows them to fast forward past ads, then the ads will run on screen along with the shows....like a moving split screen. It'll be grand.

18. Minnow

Minnow

I've been watching the World Series with surround sound on and the commercial that annoys me the most is the AT&T/Blackberry ad with the random African screaming AWWWWWWWWWWW Uhhhhhhhhhhhh AWWWWWWWWW OHHHHHHHHH at the end. It is a tad annoying.

19. LoadToadBoss

LoadToadBoss IYAAYWOT

I'm sorry. I couldn't understand you. Could you please articulate a little more clearly?

20. Dragline

Dragline

No you don't. I routinely DVR sports (well, the very few sports broadcasts I may find of interest) I can watch an NFL game in 45 mins. by zipping past commercials, timeouts, halftime etc. Same for baseball.
    There is no way I could sit for 3 hours in front of some football game which is really something like 12 mins. of actual game action.

NASCAR?! Forget about it. Talledega is on today but who has 5 hours to spend sitting through all the commercials and cautions?
    DVR it and only watch the parts you really want to see.

Of course you have to make sure you don't accidently hear the scores or outcome of sports events before you start watching.