close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I hate the USPS

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by sheriff733, Jun 19, 2012.

1. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

So, yesterday about 10AM, someone sent me some very important documents Express Mail from Texas to here in Tennessee. They told the sender that it was guaranteed to arrive at my door no later than 3pm. That's perfect, because even if it arrived at exactly 3pm, that would give me time to finish my errands for that day. It would be very close, but I could do it.

So, I take the day off sitting around the house waiting so that I can take said documents and turn them in at their proper destinations. Finally around 10am, I hear the mail truck stop in front of my house. Outstanding. Plenty of time left to finish my errands, grab lunch, and maybe even take care of some other things I've been neglecting since I'm already off anyways.

I check the mail. Just bills and crap advertisements. So, I call the post office and ask what happened and was told that there was supposed to be another mail truck arriving at their location very soon and could have my package on it. They said I could come down anytime as it would most likely be there shortly. A little upset about the possibility of being pressed for time to complete all my tasks for the day, I agreed and told them I would be by in a little while.

After what I thought was ample time for them to get everything sorted, I head down to the post office at noon. After a short wait, I was told that there was nothing at the post office for me. Starting to get stressed out, I ask when I can expect to know something. She pulls up the tracking number and says that the package is guaranteed to arrive by 3pm. I already knew that, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it will ACTUALLY arrive by then. The lady tells me that since it probably won't arrive today, the sender will be issued a refund. That's nice. That in no way, shape, or form helps my current situation.

To wrap things up without dragging on too long, the post office has no idea where my documents are. They only know that they left Houston by plane early this morning at 1AM and have nothing to go on after that. Could be in space for all they know. You would think that spending $20 to ship one envelope would possibly help it reach its destination on time, but I guess not.

I usually won't use anything but UPS, but for some reason, this time I told the sender that it would be fine to use the USPS. Won't make that mistake again.

:steamed:

/rant

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  2. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

Ive had UPS and FEDEX lose crap and drop the ball on overnight deliveries as well.

None of em are perfect.

3. sheriff733

I'm sure you're right.

I'm just frustrated with them right now.

4. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr SAC trained warrior CLM

Sucky situation indeed. However, I've had much worse luck with FedEx
    over the years than USPS Express Mail.

5. Naelbis

Naelbis

Why would you send any important documents Express? Wouldn't you need certified mail with the bells and whistles for that? Just curious...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. sheriff733

Yeah I'm sure they all have their downfalls. It just sucks because I've sent/received way less important items express before and they arrive early. The one time I am expecting something that REALLY can't wait, it's going to be at least a day late.

Par for the course though, I reckon.

7. sheriff733

Well, I have to sign for it too, I believe. That's the impression I was under anyways. I didn't send it so I'm not sure what else besides express is included.

8. Bushflyr

Bushflyr ʇno uıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ Millennium Member

Par for the course. I usually have good luck with primail. Anything else is a total crap shoot.

HERE's the status on my latest debacle with them.

9. Hines57

Hines57 Simple Member

I got my package today at 3:03pm. I thought about giving them grief but I was just happy to get it.

10. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr SAC trained warrior CLM

Yep,.....seems when you REALLY need them, they are late or the package gets lost.

11. sheriff733

Good lord.

12. sheriff733

No kidding. If it were to show up at midnight tonight, and I was in the middle of a deep sleep and had to go answer the door to get it, I would consider that a win at this point.

13. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Make an insurance claim, they're the Post Office, they'll just write it off.

14. fairtomidland

fairtomidland

Express Mail is guaranteed to get there the next day and has to be signed for unless the signature is waved. Certified or registered is not guaranteed to get there the next day but a signature of reciet is required.
    It sucks you didnt get your documents on time, In the future, if you have things to do and dont want to wait around, or arent going to be home at that time, just have the sender waive the signature requirement and they will just leave it. If he did waive the signature you might want to check your box just to make sure it didnt just get dropped off when you werent looking!!!

15. sheriff733

Didn't know that. Thanks for sharing.

Keeping my fingers crossed. I'll check again. Not holding my breath, however.

16. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

You couldn't have the documents faxed to you?

17. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

What I hate about the Post Office is that funny time distortion feeling I get, like everyone who works there is moving at half speed. It always creeps me out.

18. SevenSixtyTwo

SevenSixtyTwo

We use Fed-Ex, UPS and USPS. USPS has for years been the most reliable.

19. SevenSixtyTwo

SevenSixtyTwo

It's like the doctor's office. They pace themselves to minimize mistakes. Low paid employees like fast food workers who work at frantic speeds to try to keep up with employer demands make many mistakes. I get more mistakes at McDonalds and Wendy's than correct orders. We should all slow down a little. What's the rush?

20. sheriff733

Good advice.