close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I hate the off season

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by mpol777, Jul 22, 2004.

1. mpol777

mpol777 Feral Member

Is it fall yet? The local pigeon population is becoming very wary of my yard and there isn't any other critter around worth shooting. I really hate this time of year.

2. f1b32oPTic

f1b32oPTic R4d104c71v3

dove season opens in september for us

i cant wait!

3. noway

noway

I love the off -season. It let you practice at the range, handload you new ammo and shotshells and best of all pre-season scouting and checking out new public grounds. I can honesty say I do more work off-season then during actual hunting seasons.

I also get alot of fishing time.
    :)

4. AJE

AJE Sometimes grumpy, not old

I got some groundhogs to hunt, and despite college classes being out for the summer and only working 25 - 30 hours a week, I can never seem to find time to do it :(

I have been doing some fishing, and eyeballing the doves/deer/geese/etc.

5. onemilmhz

onemilmhz Ten Ninety Five

AMEN! A good day in the woods during the season is up at 5:00 am, in the stand by 6:30, sun-up at 7:00, kill a deer by 9:30, home by noon. A good day in the woods during the off season is not dying of heat stroke in 105 degree temps while wearing brush pants and long sleeves to clear and plant foodplots, cut firewood, scout game trails and relocate stands! Not to mention the extra work we do helping the elderly land owner who graciously allows us to hunt his 1000+ acres. I can't wait till Sept. 11th!

6. noway

noway

{A good day in the woods during the off season is not dying of heat stroke in 105 degree temps while wearing brush pants and long sleeves to clear and plant foodplots, cut firewood, scout game trails and relocate stands!}

tell me about it. ;)

I was telling my dad after a scout on this past staurday. That I drink 3 gallons of water between 7:00am and 6:38pm. And this past saturday wasn't to hunt. I also logged 12miles of hilking & scouting. I also found oout I was much cooler with shirt off and just wearing shorts underneath redhead 3d camo net clothing. It made a world of difference.

7. mpol777

mpol777 Feral Member

Well the first sign of hunting season showed up today. The Cabela's fall catalog. ;f

In my few spare moments I've done a little poking around. A recent forest fire leveled the area where I'm going to go bear hunting. I had 2 supply drops up there in dry bags. I couldn't find one and only found a few melted parts of the other. Luckily the livestock tank up there survived so there's water available. The landscape has changed a lot, but the area will be better off. Hopefully the area gets some rain soon.

8. lomfs24

lomfs24

What are you guys talking about? Off Season? I am not familiar with that term. I guess we don't have one of those here.

Antelope season starts in two weeks and we just got done with bear and turkey season. I haven't even had time to fish yet.

9. duncan

duncan Lifetime Member Millennium Member

All you can do around here is look for some leads on hog hunting.

Unregulated completely - so summer fun.

But I'm already prepping my wife for elk this fall!!!

10. nyredneck

nyredneck كا&

I've only just started working my dog again, and haven't been out to shoot any skeet yet! Off season's do blow hard!!

P.s. MPOL, like the new avatar!;f

11. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

Gettin the dogs ready now and spending $$$ for the upcoming bow season, Sept 11. ;e