close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I hate college politics

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by 919, Jan 14, 2005.

1. 919

Who else here absolutely cannot stand how liberal professors and students are on campus. I REALLY HATE IT.

2. RadfordCJmajor

RadfordCJmajor

its bad enough having them on campus, one of my roommates is the president of the young democrats... that was real fun during election time.

then i took out some kerry/edwards posters and put a few hundred rounds into them.

Keith

3. 919

Oh god that is ****in terrible. What does he say about you owning a gun. Than again, I probably would not tell him that I owned a gun, cause I would not want to hear his anti gun rhetoric.

4. Ignition

Ignition Insanityville

actually i would be on the otherside of this issue, and offer to take him shooting some time. ask him to go to the range. after you give him a nice talking to about gun saftey, let him handle the gun unloaded and such, then load it, before you hand it to him go over gun saftey again, then let him shoot. i can almost gaurentee you wont be able to buy enough ammo to keep him happy.

its this was we can slowly turn anti-gunners and gun control activists into gun enthusiasts and RKBA activists

5. RadfordCJmajor

RadfordCJmajor

he knows that i own a gun. ive offered to take him skeet shooting and to the pistol range, nothing has worked. hes set in his thinking and i dont want to press the issue.

Keith

6. Ignition

Ignition Insanityville

just heard on the radio today that Kent State, a uber-liberal college, will not recognize a certain type of student group. they recongnize animal rights groups, global economics issues groups, etc... but they wont acknowledge the 2nd amendment group.

i couldnt believe my ears... then i remembered it was kent state.

i will try to find a link and edit my post in a bit

7. MedicTom2B

MedicTom2B

I got really lucky apparently.
    I go to the college of health sciences in roanoke, va.
    Many of the higher-ups like the dean of student services and people of that nature, are all psychiatrists, so they are pretty liberal.
    However, they are all very open.
    I am in the paramedic school there, so my instructors are very conservative, in fact, they are all laid back and i believe several of them (men and women) are gun owners.
    As for the students, some of us go shooting together and almost everyone is conservative (there is one guy who is both black and openly gay, he's a great guy, but very liberal)

so i guess i must have lucked out.

8. Aphotic

Aphotic happy-go-lucky

I hate college politics as well.

I had a very anti-gun English professor last semester. He was gung-ho Kerry/Hippie/Pacifist all the way.

I really liked him as a person, and attended a barbeque at his house- really nice guy, just ***-backward way of thinking.

We had a lot of heated mid-lecture arguments, and a lot of really good discussions.

All in all, as a Prof- I hated him. As a person, I consider him somewhat of a friend.

And I did offer to take him shooting, but he will only go shooting with me if I attend a "diversity and active non-violence" seminar with him...

Not intolerant or closed-minded, but this sort of thing isn't exactly my cup of tea... I think the shooting date will have to wait.

9. atlp99

atlp99

I have a very anti gun professor in my Criminal Justice class right now. She has already said that the founding fathers would not have included semi automatic weapons in the 2nd amendment, and that if you own a gun it is more likely to be used against you than you are to use it to protect yourself. It is only the 3rd day of class and we have already had disagreements about those areas. It is going to be a long semester. Any sources of info to dispute the anti gun bias she will surely demonstrate in class would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Bryan

10. glockandme

glockandme

I just graduated Kent State University and its probably one of the most liberal schools around.

I put in a resume' i had to type up for a class once in the activites section that i belonged to a pistol club.

Got the resume' back and the prof put a red line through it on my resume' that its not supposed to be there!!

11. Ignition

Ignition Insanityville

link to the kent state debacle here: <a href="http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewCulture.asp?Page=%5CCulture%5Carchive%5C200501%5CCUL20050114a.html">Link </a>

12. glockandme

glockandme

yeah there was a shooting yesterday near the town of Kent. One 22 year old student was killed and a 7 year old. They were shot by some 44 year old guy running from the police. He broke into the house to get away from the police and killed them both with an "assault-type" rifle. The student run newspaper ought to have fun with this one. . .

13. theHULK9281

theHULK9281 Gentle Giant

I have a professor in my department who's a pinko commie. Luckily I've never had him. Last year he made all his students buy one of Michael Moore's books and do a report on it. I hear if you have a dissenting point of view, he doesn't take kindly to that. His website....

http://www.hhs.iup.edu/hped/temes.htm

"Tai Chi Instructor; Working on projects to end world hunger and save the environment.."

;z

14. JesseCuster

JesseCuster Army Dude Millennium Member

Alternate healing eh? Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude..........

15. mudfootball

mudfootball

just when you think you have it bad consider my B.S. school. its a PA state school, and i am a biology/ecology student. a few months back found me in a class of bio students wearing a bush/cheney shirt i got from a rally. jesus christ i have never had to put up with so much crap. the best was one person telling me, that i am a hypocrite if i call my self an environmentalist/conservationist and vote for "him". i spend a lot of time biting my lip, because it gets old.
    kt

16. Eagles1181

Eagles1181 Flying High

I go to school at UH. We are located in the middle of a liberal stronghold.

Eagle

17. Eagles1181

Eagles1181 Flying High

Start reloading in your dorm room.

Eagle

18. Ignition

Ignition Insanityville

;z ;z ;z brilliant

19. mccaincouldwin?

mccaincouldwin?

You think it is hard being a conservative gun owner stuck in liberal academia.....try being a liberal gun owner. At least they expect you guys to own guns. Me, I get flack from both sides of the political spectrum. Although it is always quite amusing when friends find out that I'm an avid outdoorsman, and almost always am carrying concealed. They're usually stuned that a fellow liberal would dare touch an "instrument of death/violence". Go figure. All I can say is, don't presume that those of us on the political left are all enemies of the 2nd amendment.

20. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

I remember when I was in college there was serial rapist on campus.It seemed like more than half of the girls kept shotguns in their dorm rooms at the time.That was really bizarre.The girls' rooms all had a shotgun in the corner.The TV news did a story about it and showed girls studying in their room with a shotgun laying on the bed.