Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at the range today, there happened to be two (2) District Managers from Glock doing business. I asked them about the issue with .40 calibers not working well with tactical lights, and about the "Pig Nose" issue.

On the Tac Lights, they indicated that because the Glock light is made of polymer, it flex's with the frame as needed, thereby not causing any problem with normal flexion with the gun when firing. Whereas lights made of metal do not allow the gun to flex properly.

The work-around was three fold: 1. DO NOT use SD Ammo less than 180 grains unless you know for a fact that your chosen SD Ammo works with the following combinations: 2. Always use #8 followers. And most important, #3. Use extra power magazine springs, such as ISMI, 11 coil extra power springs (as in my Glock 23). So, you can experiment with number 1 above, but number's 2 and 3 are absolute.

Now, just by trial and error, and when I had my X300, I lucked on to the above combination I was told about today by the two Glock Reps, and I can say for sure that the above combination works. When I had my X300, I was even shooting Rangers in 165 grain (but with the ISMI Mag springs, and #8 followers) and even that worked perfectly.

One additional suggestion from me (and several Glock Armorer's) is to make sure to replace your recoil spring every 1500 - 2000 rounds as well.

Regarding the "Pig Nose." The District Managers indicated that it's nothing to worry about either way. It occurs as a part of the manufacturing process. You can leave it be, or you can do the boiling water trick. Either way is fine. However, if you choose to do the boiling water trick, just make sure you don't mess it up. Don't over bend the dust cover, don't make it uneven, etc. The bottom line: The Pig Nose is fine as is.

·
Inactive/Banned
3,554 Posts
Instead of asking about stuff that has already been discussed, why didn't you ask about the new glock carbine coming out in the fourth quarter?:wavey:

J/K. Thanks for the scoop on the .40. I knew about the springs but about the the followers and replacing springs every once and awhile.

·
Registered
212 Posts
#3. Use extra power magazine springs, such as ISMI, 11 coil extra power springs (as in my Glock 23). So, you can experiment with number 1 above, but number's 2 and 3 are absolute.
All is correct except you CAN NOT use 11 coil springs in the G23. WILL NOT WORK!!!! Which two DM's told you this information?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All is correct except you CAN NOT use 11 coil springs in the G23. WILL NOT WORK!!!! Which two DM's told you this information?
The Glock guys did not specify 11 coil springs for the G23... sorry. That's something I do, and it works perfectly.

The Glock guys specified 11 coil for the G23.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My G-23 works perfectly with 140 gr DPX and Ranger 165 gr SD loads, and 155 and 165 gr Amer and Win range loads with standard springs (gun and mags). Are you saying this will all change if I put a Sirefire on it?
It really depends on your EXACT set-up. Every gun, user, Ammo, etc., is different. If you put a metal light on your .40 caliber Glock you will PROBABLY have issues. If you put a polymer light on your Glock .40 caliber, it'll probably work fine.

But even the Glock guys I spoke with today use the Surefire X300 on their Glocks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts