Glock Talk banner

I handled a HK P30SK and VP40 today...

7564 Views 32 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  BuckyP
oops, should be "an" HK, not "a" HK (damn cell phone, lol)

At any rate, I was surprised to see both of them in a local shop just sitting there already. I have no interest in the VP40, but I love the VP9. Those that like the 40S&W, should really love this pistol. They have great triggers and feel so good in hand. While I don't like the cartridge, its good to see HK expand this excellent series.

The P30SK is a cool little pistol. It seems slightly smaller then the P2000SK, but I obviously never compared them back to back. The price was $400 less than a P30L sitting right next to it. I was trying to find the difference in quality, if any. All I saw in my very brief time handling the gun is that the P30SK shares the VP series grip texturing, which is not nearly as fine as the original P30 texturing. Whether that's the only cost cutting or not, I have no idea. I did like the pistol quite a bit either way.

Just thought I'd share some quick observations on the two newest additions to the HK lineup. This company seems to be headed in the right direction as of late with some more affordable offerings. :cool:
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
667 Posts
regarding HK offering :HKP30L 9mm was my example in the thread of guns I don't like. The grips were great ,the recoil was soft and that was about it.The DA was long , the reset was long, the accuracy was mediocre at best and multiple failing to cycle 9mm even with 124 grain.
HK45 and HK45CT a total different story, they are some of the most comfortable accurate and reliable polymer guns that I have.

· Registered
3,909 Posts
oops, should be "an" HK, not "a" HK (damn cell phone, lol)

At any rate, I was surprised to see both of them in a local shop just sitting there already. I have no interest in the VP40, but I love the VP9. Those that like the 40S&W, should really love this pistol. They have great triggers and feel so good in hand. While I don't like the cartridge, its good to see HK expand this excellent series.

The P30SK is a cool little pistol. It seems slightly smaller then the P2000SK, but I obviously never compared them back to back. The price was $400 less than a P30L sitting right next to it. I was trying to find the difference in quality, if any. All I saw in my very brief time handling the gun is that the P30SK shares the VP series grip texturing, which is not nearly as fine as the original P30 texturing. Whether that's the only cost cutting or not, I have no idea. I did like the pistol quite a bit either way.

Just thought I'd share some quick observations on the two newest additions to the HK lineup. This company seems to be headed in the right direction as of late with some more affordable offerings. :cool:
Were you able to dry fire?
How was the trigger pull and more importantly the reset?

· Premium Member
5,911 Posts
The gun looks like it would absolutely melt into my hand (I like my VP9 and how it fits and feels). The big issue for me is where it fits in terms of guns and their purpose. I just don't need or really value a gun slightly larger than a G26 and smaller than a G19.

I will withhold final judgement until I see one in person. It is a gun I would really like to want/buy, but I am not sure it will outpace other toys on the wish list at the end of the day!

I do like H&K's recent direction, though.

· Registered
2,255 Posts
VP40? I didn't even know those were out, but I saw CDNN had the P30SK for $588 last week or so. I just can't get excited over either one, but if they release a VP45, VP9K, or VP9SK then I'll probably be looking to get my first HK.

· Registered
1,546 Posts
I like my VP9 and I'm a .40 fan, but just don't find myself shooting .40 as much as I used to. Really the main thing holding me back on anymore HK's, especially the VP, is the mags are as hard to find as unicorns and cost as much as one too. I'm glad to see HK starting to put out quality guns at a more affordable price range. They need to cut loose on the magazine production and get their mags into the same price range and availability as Glock.

· Registered
5,034 Posts
I like my VP9 and I'm a .40 fan, but just don't find myself shooting .40 as much as I used to. Really the main thing holding me back on anymore HK's, especially the VP, is the mags are as hard to find as unicorns and cost as much as one too. I'm glad to see HK starting to put out quality guns at a more affordable price range. They need to cut loose on the magazine production and get their mags into the same price range and availability as Glock.
Took me awhile to find them but I did.. Now have 8 of them.. hehehe

· Premium Member
22,879 Posts
I know it won't happen but I'd sure like to see them support 357SIG again. A P30SK or smaller VP in 357SIG would be awesome.
I guess there really isn't enough market for them, when you consider how easily it would be to add them to the lineup, yet they don't.

· JAFO
15,118 Posts
It's great to see HK pricing some of these new models a little more competitively. They build a hell of a pistol in my opinion. I have just over 300 rounds through my P30 now and it is a peach.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.