close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I had a ND yesterday in my house!....

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Kona, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Kona

Kona

.................So I got my MTAC in the mail yesterday and I was wearing my holster to break it in. I was practicing drawing and shooting at the door if someone were to break in using my snap caps. I was doing this all day for about 5 hours while playing video games/ watching tv. So It was about 30 min before I had to go to work and I went in the bedroom to change and I figured I would load the gun before I left (I normally keep it loaded at the night stand) but I put it back in my holster and kept wearing it for the next 30min while playing a video game. I wore it for about 20 min before I quit playing and figured I would draw again towards the door! BANG! :faint:Oh S***.....! I started freaking out! My front door is two panels of steel....The bullet went right through both and outside. There is an apartment building right across the street and I saw a black mark on the wall of one of the rooms there. I immediatly called the police and told them a gun went off and Im not sure where it went. While waiting for the police to show up, I went over and inspected what I thought was the hole. Fortunatly it was just a chip in the paint. So nobody in that room was injured. The police finally showed up and I told them what happened. While walking up stairs to my front door, I noticed where the bullet hit. It hit the brick pillar outside about 5ft from the door. OMG I was relieved. Nobody was injured except for my pride. I thought I was VERY careful with guns but I guess not careful enough. I got very lucky and I am very greatful nobody was injured!

I made a post in GNG Lounge about ND's due to this. I was glad to hear that this kind of thing happens to some good guys and not just morons. Although I feel like a moron since this could have turned out worse....

2. gleasonb

gleasonb

Wait for it, wait for it...
    let the bashing start lol.
    Hey, props to you for posting, maybe this will keep someone who reads it safe. Glad everything turned out ok

3. Trey83

Trey83

WOW...... I'm glad nobody was hurt.

4. Kona

Kona

The picture of the hole is in my profile album pix of my G27..

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  5. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

Video games and guns don't mix, especially when you don't know your gun is loaded! I think there is a certain level of maturity when one finally gives up video games and accepts the real world.

6. mdfd

mdfd

so what did the police say about all this? I noticed you live in IL, whereabouts?

7. Just1More

Just1More

There's nothing humorous about this. Maybe you should start with knives and work your way up to guns. Maybe a gun safety course?

8. GreyEclipse

GreyEclipse TheGreyEclipse

Oh wow...:whistling:

:dunno:

:upeyes:

Try to be safer and I hope you learned your lesson.

9. porkchop817

porkchop817

Glad to hear no one got hurt.

Stupid **** happens. You can't change it now, so make sure you learn from it

10. ddbtoth

ddbtoth

You called the Popo? Man, I would have checked to make sure no one was hurt, changed my underwear, and dummied up big time. Nothing good ever comes from inviting the man into your life if you can help it.

11. Kona

Kona

The police were very nice about it all. Once they realized nobody was hurt and everything was ok, they started to lighten up on the situation saying things like "do you need to go change your pants?" and he held up his hand with 5 fingers up and says "how many hands am I holding up?".........I said "5"....I have never been so nervous/ scared and this was def wake up call for me. I sure did learn my lesson.....

12. thejellster05

thejellster05

13. Flared_Nostrils

Flared_Nostrils Mutant

The reason we don't leave the "bedroom security system" (G17) loaded is the fear of a ND... Having to go through the steps of loading a full mag into it first and rack the slide adds that extra few seconds, but waking up from a dead sleep and grabbing for a loaded, chambered gun?
    The wife sleeps better knowing it's unloaded, but I'm 50/50 on it.
    (I realize that alone is a whole other debate.)

Glad nobody was hurt and your posting the experience does make everyone who sees this consider that these things do happen.
    A good reminder to us all.

14. Gun Shark

Gun Shark

This.

15. eddief4

eddief4

:wow: glad noone was hurt!!

16. Brucev

Brucev

Deleted.

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  17. BOGE

BOGE Millennium Member

+ 1,000.

18. BlayGlock

BlayGlock

Glad no one was hurt.

19. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

Make that hole into a peep hole
    Regards
    DW

20. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

+1 Stupid **** happens but stupid **** and firearms don't mix. The only ND I ever had was with a .22 rifle because a cartridge was stuck in the chamber that the extractor didnt get and I dry fired before visually inspecting the chamber. :faint: Bullet put a dent in the back of my gun safe, almost shot my Glock! Let me tell you, your first ND will be your only one. :whistling: