close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I Grab the Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BrewerGeorge, Apr 2, 2012.

1. got2hav1

got2hav1

I agree, got'em on both my Glocks. I shoot better and faster with the CT laser!:supergrin:

2. BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

About the same. The Kahr is surprisingly accurate for its size and I can do all 7 in an 8" circle at 25 yds if I aim carefully. I haven't had a chance to get the Glock to a range greater than 12 yards yet, though I suspect it will be about the same. Either is plenty good enough for defensive work. I do know that I can tear up a target with either at 7 yards. Recoil isn't an issue for either because I've shot .40's for so long that 9mm feels light even in smaller form factors.

I'm probably a bit faster on doubles and follow-ups with the Glock because I can ride the reset instead of the long, full Kahr pull. It took me a few hundred rounds and lots of dry-fire time to nail down how to deal with that long trigger pull. Now that I've got it I don't even think about it any more, but it IS a bit slower. I haven't timed splits or anything because I don't have the facilities, but the Glock feels faster to me anyway.

I hadn't thought of it, but now that you mention it you may be right. I've trusted Glock for decades. I did pick the G26 specifically for working in the yard on the fence because I thought it would handle the conditions (sweaty, dirty, etc) better than the Kahr. I remember thinking something like "Don't want to sweat up the laser..." I know for a fact that the Kahr is more sensitive to limp-wristing, so the Glock would be better for weak hand stuff, and the ability to slingshot (Kahr won't) would help with a disabled hand. I've never knowingly made a decision based on those last two, but maybe they're in the back of my mind.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012

3. shockglock

shockglock

I too have the CM9 and gen4 26 combo for carry. I originally bought the CM9 for pocket carry but find myself carrying it whenever I carry. Don't get me wrong I love my 26, but the CM9 just disappears IWB. I will transition to the 26 during the winter, but for now the CM9 gets the nod. Also, I shoot the 26 better than the CM9, but not by much at close range. As far as capacity, I have no problem with 7 in the gun and two 6 round mags in my cargo pocket.

4. WATERS

WATERS

g26 works great for two reasons one small easy to shoot quick like, and second althogh its a SC it still has that man grip feel to it its.....what 007 should have been carring, looks sexy shoots great and still smaller than my hand with my fingers together

5. CharlestonG26

CharlestonG26

Two things that you frequently read on GT are:

- different handguns for winter and summer carry
    - CCW handgun rotation

Personally, I subscribe to the notion that a person should pick a weapon and make it their EDC...regardless of the season. While it makes sense to rotate shoes...why handguns?

For me, the G26 is a very versatile handgun and a good choice for concealed carry SD.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012