Glock 17 I got the factory updates for my G17

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 1911nut, Jan 14, 2005.

Tags:
  1. 1911nut

1911nut

I bought a G17 used in 1988 - shot the heck out of it and just sent it in to Glock for have all available updates installed.

As far as I can tell they replaced everything but the slide, frame and barrel. New extractor, trigger and trigger bar, connector, firing pin, slide release, all other springs are new

They even rebuilt the magazine I sent in with the gun - new spring and follower.

The trigger is noticeably improved - I did the 25 cent trigger job this afternoon and smoothed it a bit more.

I got the gun back 7 days after I shipped it. Glock didn't charge me a nickel. I did have to pay greedy UPS $44.70 for overnight shipping to Glock, Glock picked up the shipping back to me.

I have to say thanks to Glock for excellent customer service, if they only made a 1911.......

2. Arminius

Arminius

Thats fantastic service!

Now if they would be known as "C..." they wouldn´t do such generous service, wouldn´t they?

1911´s are fine, but Glocks too

H

3. Jon K

Jon K

I too have a first gen G17. I have had none of the upgrades. MY gun has a trigger that has broken into what I like. Will I have to start at square one with the new upgraded trigger?

4. 1911nut

1911nut

It looks like Glock replaced all the trigger parts and connector on my gun, so yeah it will be like starting at square one.

I did the 25 cent trigger job on my origional trigger and fired several thousand rounds through it but I prefer the upgrade trigger, also did the trigger job on it. It's less mushy, it has the inital take up then is noticeably more crisp when the trigger breaks.

They didn't send the origional parts back - I don't know if they would, I didn't ask.