I got sucked into a gun control discussion.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Jbritt, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Jbritt

Jbritt

Never again. These ****ing idiots.

When we got in the car my wife reaches over and grabs my leg and says “it’s ok baby, they just don’t have the warrior gene”.

Is there truth to this? Are some people just born without the will to resist or defend themself? Neither one of these dudes would answer my question of what they would do if some gangbangers or whatever kicked in their door. Honestly they couldn’t answer because they couldnt do **** and they know it but they don’t care.

I won’t get into the particulars of the conversation because it was bad enough the first time. You have heard all their arguments before anyway.

2. Jbritt

Jbritt

I’m visiting Maryland by the way. Ohio, good to go, PA, good to go, WV, good to go. Cross Maryland line and I’m a automatic felon. Can’t wait to get back home.

3. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

You have a plan.. they have no clue.

4. arkdweller22

arkdweller22 Cuhootnified Roamer

I feel your pain brother.

And yes, some people would rather watch their family killed rather than resist. Yet again, these clowns may not have answered your question because they know they’d lose the “argument”.
    Either way, they’re not worth the aggravation.

Traveling through MD, I wouldn’t even stop to take a leak.

Cambo, Willard, railfancwb and 5 others like this.
  5. Inyo Tim

Inyo Tim Senior Moment

I feel there is. Some people would rather die than defend themselves.

6. vikingsoftpaw

vikingsoftpaw DEPLORABLE ME!

Sheep...
    Wolves...
    Sheepdog...

7. seamaster

seamaster

It's an irrational perspective, not worth the drama.

Reserve this type of discussion for rational people!

mc1911, surf n turf and Rotn1 like this.
  8. uhlawpup

uhlawpup l'Italia s'è desta

There are those who believe if all guns were removed, there would be no more violent crime or suicide. Problem is, there are many ways to commit suicide, and not one of these folks have ever figured out how, once law-abiding citizens give up their guns, criminals can be gotten to do so. They think that if they turn in their guns, the criminals will not be able to obtain them.

Look, I’d love to live in a firearm-free world, and would gladly give up my guns, as long as everyone else had done so, and we know that’s not going to happen.

DocPoison, mj9mm, nerr and 1 other person like this.
  9. Railsplitter

Railsplitter

It's called denial or the "it will never happen to me thinking", then one day it does and like any good liberal they will blame others for not behaving according to their idealized paradigm. Until it's to late, then reality craps on their world.

Willard, Agonizer, mj9mm and 7 others like this.
  10. arkdweller22

arkdweller22 Cuhootnified Roamer

A firearm free world returns us to the rule of the mightiest. It would put civilization in reverse to where the biggest and most aggressive rule the roost. A world where most women will lose all the freedom of movement they have today.
    Remember: God made men and women, Sam Colt made them equal.

No, a firearm free rule would be a chaotic nightmare. And I want a world where my daughters can effectively defend themselves against any aggressor.

11. Bead

Bead Millennium Member

I'm not sure all of these idiots would rather die, I believe a lot of them doubt it could ever happened to them, at least until it does or to someone close to them. Many also hold the misguided belief the police will arrive in time to save their a$$. Sheep mentality.

Willard, mj9mm, MIKES LAW and 8 others like this.
  12. grumpy1

grumpy1

There are millions and millions of people who would prefer to be subjects with the promise of cradle to grave government free cheese and 911 police protection rather than have the freedom to defend themselves and family and oppose a tyrannical government if it ever comes to that. They would stand by and let their wife and daughters be raped waiting for the police to arrive rather than try to intervene.

mj9mm, Lockback, glock1097 and 8 others like this.
  13. Jbritt

Jbritt

I know brother I know. I got sucked in and ganged up on lol.

LEO/Dad, Inyo Tim and seamaster like this.
  14. LostinTexas

LostinTexas Exploring Alternate Routes

Arguing with an idiot is frustrating in two ways.
    The will drag you to their level and beat you with experience.
    It's like wrestling a pig in the mud. You are flustered and the pig loves it.
    You can educate ignorance, but not stupidity, because it isn't open to education.

15. grumpy1

grumpy1

That is a great point. Radical islamists and others treat their women like cattle and have no problem killing them like a rabid dog if they disappoint them. Genital mutilation and no right to vote or have a say in anything are then norm. I have found that most progressives don't seem to have a problem with this or at least discuss it. They don't want to be seen as racist don't you know. :rolleyes:

16. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

Unless they had a job like mine they have no idea how many victims are out there and what happens to them. And it only has to happen once. We call them "Happy Wanderers".

The vast majority of people only may experience a minor theft in their lives. Even most serious crimes aren't even reported by the newspapers in the big city. Besides? Who reads the newspapers anymore. So they dont know, or they are soft enough in the head to think the kid is only robbing because he can't afford the new Air Jordans.

17. Just_plinking

Just_plinking

If someone has a different perspective than me (about any issue), and wants to have an honest conversation, I can enjoy that.

If they start being obtuse, I just generally say something like "alright then", "good luck with that" or, "probably will".

If you enter the conversation caring whether or not you change their mind... That's where your problem is. Know your position, lay out your arguement dispassionately, they are not hearing it? Okay, their loss.

18. Jbritt

Jbritt

They also got on the whole police brutality and police killing black people. Then they next second say only police should have guns. If you truly believe the police are out to get black people then why would you disarm black people and only let the police have guns? Are you racist? They changed the subject to school shootings lol.

19. Jbritt

Jbritt

I don’t know why I got dragged into this, I really don’t. That never happens to me as I usually don’t argue or debate or talk politics. I just couldn’t listen to them anymore. I don’t care if I changed their minds or not. I just couldn’t listen to their bull**** anymore without saying something.

20. Just_plinking

Just_plinking

That doesn't sound like the type of company I would try engaging in anything other than topical discourse with.

Inyo Tim likes this.