I got p**'d on!

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by sparky1, Jul 20, 2007.

1. sparky1

sparky1

I have a job where I work in peoples homes from time to time. Yesterday I worked in a house with 6 dogs. The first day I went to check out the job, when the owner opened the door I nearly passed out. The smell of ammonia(dog urine) was suffocating. The owner told me he had asthma.(I wounder why?)
    HE had a white GSD who growled and the hair on his back stood up. I was on guard. The owner said he was "security trained" and would not bother me. The dog followed me to the basement and stood growling at me. I asked the owner to please call the dog. The guy sat in his chair and yelled for the dog to come 5 times before the dog left. I went out to the truck to get some material, came back in the owner said "watch this" he stood and reached to shake my hand and the dog barked and growled and stood between the owner and me. He told me that the dog thought I was being aggressive. I told him here is what we are going to do. Put the dog on a leash or out back in the yard or in a bedroom or I am gone. He looked at me like I was crazy but I stood my ground. He had some control of the dog but not enough for me to be comfortable.
    I got down on the floor to put in a plug and put my hand in a fresh puddle of urine in the carpet, then a small dog came over and marked my boots as his very own! Sock too!
    I love dogs. I carry a box of dog treats in my van for the dogs. I told the owner this and he said no treats. You might start a dog fight!
    Now am I whacked or is the owner?

2. pjrocco

pjrocco Rock

That owner shouldn't own a dog, let alone 6!!!! You are a stronger man that I, I would have turned and walked out in those conditions.

3. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

Report him to the animal control and health department folks in your area. He needs to be addressed for his abuse of the animals. :shocked: