close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I GOT ONE! Michigan Muzzleloading Season...

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Michigun, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

Well, I get to put a notch in my new (Purchased after last deer season.) T/C Encore muzzleloader's stock. It brought down a nice Michigan whitetailed doe yesterday afternoon just before dark. She was down in her tracks, distance traveled in yards was zero. Shot distance was 40+ yards or so.

Sorry, no deer pictures, but I'll share one of my Encore to make up: :)

2. RJ Schuknecht

RJ Schuknecht

Congratulations on the doe michigun.

How do you like the Encore? I have never hunted with a muzzleloader, but would like to add another season for next year.

3. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

Thanks!

I like the Encore just fine, although I am planning to have a bit of accuracy work done to it after season. Nothing major, I'm just not willing to except a 1.5"-2" group @ 100 yards off a bench.;)

If you plan on utilizing the Encore's caliber swapping, it's a great gun. However, if you just want a muzzleloader, you'd get more for your money with another muzzleloader.

4. RJ Schuknecht

RJ Schuknecht

5. trapfan

trapfan Got Glock?

Have had better luck with mine. I have a stainless model with a Leupold Veri X III 2.5 X 8 on top. I use two pellets of Pyrodex which is 100grs and a Hornady 240gr XTP bullet and a Federal 209 shotgun primer. This combo will hover around one inch at 100yrds if I do my part at the bench. Had to shoot mine alot after about 200 rounds she started to really shoot good. I think you have to season the barrel like a cast-iron skillet.JMTCW;)

6. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

My main accuracy problem is with the "easy load" section at the end of the T/C barrel... it's off center. However, the guys at Virgin Valley Custom Guns are going to fix me up with that problem along with a nice trigger job to boot! I'm taking my trigger down to #2.5'ish.

I get the same pattern no matter what I shoot out of it.

7. trapfan

trapfan Got Glock?

Sorry to hear your barrel is messed up Michigun. I know that three of my friends have this muzzleloader and all of them are real good shooters....they talked me in to geting one. Hope you get yours lined out. For my B-day on Jan 1st the wife is geting me a centerfire barrel for mine but the jury is still out on what cal to get.;Q

8. Sixgun_Symphony

Sixgun_Symphony NRA4EVR

Don't know what to get? Then check this out...

The Hawken Shop
    Original Hawken Rifles
    [​IMG]