Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for all the info and some a the humor that you all had in my previous post about the glock 34 , I liked it enough that I went on ahead and bought one from the store Locally. It was 520 otd and it is an IE/Mil gun(us army) and has fixed sites and extended slide release and mag release. My next thing is ordering a front and rear sight tool from glock and more mags and ammo. being a certified armorer will help with extra parts. Maybe sell my 17 I dont think I really need both, it has less then 500 rounds still looks brand new, sorry, Im rambling, not trying to turn this into a WTS,yet . what is a good all around sight for the 34 for carry/SD or competition if one sight could fit both roles probably IDPA. well thanks for the input.tell me wat you think.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I love my 34, it being a target model I thought they only came with adjustable sights, didn't know they had fixed sights too. Learn something new everyday.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats! Looks awesome, and this model is high on my wish list! If I could find one for the price mentioned in this post, I'd own one today.

Can someone enlighten me and tell me what exactly a LE/Mil gun (US Army) is? Are there Army units that carry these?

Thanks,
ScottD

·
Registered
15,022 Posts
I have Warren Tactical Sevigny Comp sights on my G34 but I am kinda liking the TruGlo TFO's I have on my G20. They don't have that flat backside the Warrens have but they have a nice sight picture and they freaking glow at night or in the dusk.

·
The Ogre
1,746 Posts
Congrats! Looks awesome, and this model is high on my wish list! If I could find one for the price mentioned in this post, I'd own one today.

Can someone enlighten me and tell me what exactly a LE/Mil gun (US Army) is? Are there Army units that carry these?

Thanks,
ScottD
They don't carry any that I know of. What he is most likely refering to is the fact that EMS/military/LE get discounted prices on Glocks with ID for proof. It is a very nice discount, but dealers cannot sell gray or red label boxes at this discounted price, they have to be a LE distributor for Glock and have the blue label in stock or order it for you. Current prices at my store are 398 for 9/40, 469 for 45/10, and 481 for 34/35 Glocks with discount before tax. The same store sells other Glocks for 499, 599, and 649 respectively. The pistols are exactly the same except a few different options on the 34/35, there is now difference in markings as far as I can tell. It just kind of takes me out of the used glock market since most used glocks cost as much or more than I can get a new one for.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my mistake we still use the Beretta M9, sorry for any confusion.:cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
The only thing that would make your gun better is it being OD instead of all black.

But all black is good too. :tongueout:

·
NRA Member
1,115 Posts
I think the LE/mil model come with fixed sights, the regular trigger, and three magazines standard.

Mine came with fixed sights, three mags and Glock " - " connector. I changed out the sights for dawson/heinie combo and did a bunch of other stuff to it as well. Great gun stock, but the sights (fixed or adjustable) suck IMO.

·
636 Posts
LE Model comes with fixed sights, 3 mags and the reg mag release and slide stop... Mine also came with Night sights

·
The Ogre
1,746 Posts
Well whatever it comes with, I will be replacing the sights on it. I have the adjustables on my 21SF and fixed plastic on my 26 and I am less than excited about either. I will probably hold off on replacing sights and buy magazines until after I see where gun laws are heading in the next year. 300-400 bucks might end up being more wisely spent on ammo or magzines, but we shall see. I am kind of hoping mine comes with a (-) trigger connector, but I was told it wouldn't.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Maybe kind of a dumb question, but is there any other difference between the 17 and 34, besides the 34 is about 3/4" longer?

FB

·
Game Master
1,098 Posts
Congrats. Just wish I would have known you were dumping your 17, because I would have traded you my 34 for it (although mine didn't have nights)!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts