Glock Talk banner

I got gun fever pretty bad..

1159 Views 17 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  China boy
So I was searching for a CZ p07 and ended up trading my VP9 for a Sphinx SDP compact. I liked that gun so much that I had to go out and buy an SDP subcompact to compliment it. all within a matter of 2 weeks. While I don't have a range report for the Subcompact I have shot the Compact and let me tell you, it shoots great. Smooth DA pull that is just right for me and stacks up nicely before the break and the single action break is awesome and crisp with a short reset, maybe a little shorter than my g17. There weren't any FTF with the compact however when I was using blazer brass 115 grain and HPR 124 hollow points I had about 5 failures to lock back on the last round ONLY WITH THOSE TWO TYPES OF AMMO. That did not happen at all with the winchester white box ammo I was using. I know that blazer sucks, but haven't heard much about HPR 124 grain so that concerned me a little. Ill get some better ammo this weekend and see if it happens again. Either way both of these guns have an amazing fit and finish. Sorry for the big ass photos.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2,315 Posts
Nice pistols. But if you have the compact and subcompact...you know where I'm going with this...when are you grabbing the full size? I have yet to hold a sphinx but they seem to be well liked guns. Glad you got two you wanted.

And your photos are not too big. They look fine on my iPad. Nice shots anyway.

· Banned
63,200 Posts
Funny thing...I just called the gun shop and told them to order me one of each as well.

So I was searching for a CZ p07 and ended up trading my VP9 for a Sphinx SDP compact. I liked that gun so much that I had to go out and buy an SDP subcompact to compliment it. all within a matter of 2 weeks. While I don't have a range report for the Subcompact I have shot the Compact and let me tell you, it shoots great. Smooth DA pull that is just right for me and stacks up nicely before the break and the single action break is awesome and crisp with a short reset, maybe a little shorter than my g17. There weren't any FTF with the compact however when I was using blazer brass 115 grain and HPR 124 hollow points I had about 5 failures to lock back on the last round ONLY WITH THOSE TWO TYPES OF AMMO. That did not happen at all with the winchester white box ammo I was using. I know that blazer sucks, but haven't heard much about HPR 124 grain so that concerned me a little. Ill get some better ammo this weekend and see if it happens again. Either way both of these guns have an amazing fit and finish. Sorry for the big ass photos.

· Banned
63,200 Posts
Nice pistols. But if you have the compact and subcompact...you know where I'm going with this...when are you grabbing the full size? I have yet to hold a sphinx but they seem to be well liked guns. Glad you got two you wanted.

I don't think that the full size is available for sales yet. They listed the model on their website but my gun shop has yet to find a distributor that has one.

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

The photos looked huge when I uploaded them. lol. I would like to get my hands on a fullsize, but I think my sphinx collecting has halted at this point. These are both awesome guns that I'm pretty sure are always going to be in my possession. If you see one you should hold it they're great guns.

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I finally took these guns to the range this weekend to test them out a little bit and they preformed as well as I thought they should. I fired a mix up of ammo to see how they would hold up. Blazer brass 115, winchester white box 115, HPR 124 hollow point, winchester pdx1 124g +p. Thats the buffet of ammo I had access to so I used it. The only problem I encountered was with blazer brass in the SDP compact where there was 5 failures to lock back on the last round (that was the very first time shooting it) This weekend however there was not one single problem with either gun. The compact was hitting a man sized steel target at 50m consistently WITH DOUBLE ACTION and well single action...you guessed it, consistent hits. The subcompact was doing pretty good with the 50m steel target as well. As for the subcompact model it was able to produce great groups at 10 yards. I have never shot a SC gun that felt as good as the SDP subcompact. With the p+ ammo the SC did really well, not too snappy and stayed on target even during rapid fire. I don't know what it is about these guns, but their double action triggers are amazing. The round went almost dead center of bullseye each time I fired my first shot. Every person has their opinion and mine is that these are the best guns I have ever fired. Yes they may be a little heavy, but I don't mind that at all. Im so used to shooting a beretta 92fs and these guns blow that one out of the water.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.