Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20190509_192014.jpg

I finally got a CZ Scorpion after much deliberation. I noticed the older clear mag, at least the one 30 round mag I have gets stuck in the gun all the time, its like its not to spec or something. The newer black mags like the one on the bottom of this picture seem to work fine and insert and drop free no problem and the clear 20 rounders it came with seem fine too.

·
Registered
22,322 Posts
Nice, love mine. Seems you already got a few upgrades. Did you buy it used or new?

Also, unscrew the flash hider and remove the thread protector under it. It has a tendency to come off, get stuck in the flash hider and potentially hit by a bullet.

·
Banned
65,070 Posts
View attachment 564384

I finally got a CZ Scorpion after much deliberation. I noticed the older clear mag, at least the one 30 round mag I have gets stuck in the gun all the time, its like its not to spec or something. The newer black mags like the one on the bottom of this picture seem to work fine and insert and drop free no problem and the clear 20 rounders it came with seem fine too.
Congratulations on the new toy.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought it new a few days ago and ordered the upgrades beforehand. I found it for a good price at 750 which today is a steal for this gun since they're harder to find now than just a couple months ago.

This is among the cheapest of all the PCCs based on SMGs but I think the low initial price is a little misleading since there are some upgrades you pretty much have to get like the safety delete and the brace. The standard ambi safety it comes with is atrocious and the two 20 round mags it comes with are kind of lame, they should ship it with one of the new windowed 30 round mags, those seem like really good mags. I'm waiting on my Romeo5 optic and eventually want to get on of those black inforce lights.

Thanks for the advice on the thread protector.

·
Registered
22,322 Posts
I bought it new a few days ago and ordered the upgrades beforehand. I found it for a good price at 750 which today is a steal for this gun since they're harder to find now than just a couple months ago.
The pistols are very difficult to find and getting one in black is even harder. Everyone is sold out. I got lucky when I bought mine, because right after is when they got tough to find.

The PGS Manticore mags are really great. They have metal feed lips and drop free. Price is right as well.

I also recommend a paddle mag release. Makes all the difference. The magpul or the HBI one. The trigger spring upgrade is the best $9 you'll spend on that gun. Get that if you haven't. And yes, things absolutely add up quickly with this gun.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
What is the "safety delete" you speak of?
I’m not the OP, but I have a Skorp, too. The right side safety lever has a tendency to dig into your hand, so many of us replace the right side with a simple cap. Zoom into his pic and you’ll notice there’s no lever, just a cap with indicator.

·
Farmer, House Sitter and Cook
6,286 Posts
Congrats OP. That was a good price too! Mine is a keeper.

Unless you want to spend the money on a right side safety mod it is really easy to remove the safety and smooth it down with a belt sander, Dremel or a file and then re-install it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts