Glock Talk banner

I got a Lone Wolf conversion barrel

672 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Imaginary Baron
I got a Lone Wolf Barrel for my Glock 22. A conversion barrel to let me shoot 9mm in it. So far it shoots my reloads nicely . Ejection and extraction is very nice and reliable. All I did was take out my stock .40 barrel and drop in the 40-9 conversion barrel. I am using all stock Glock 22 .40 factory parts other than the magazine which is a G17 mag.
My question is have any of you ever went ahead and changed out the .40 extractor and replaced it with a 9mm extractor ? If so did you NEED to or was it for piece of mind ?
I checked the ejector and the 9mm cartridges seem to line up just fine with it so no problem there.
Maybe I am just looking into things too much but with all my stock G22 parts , this barrel is awesome .
I have only fired it for reliably purposes so far . I will check accuracy later .
Anyone have any information on if they ever had to change out other things as far as extractors ?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
619 Posts
Only need extractor and ejector for reliability if you plan on carrying or you were using for competition. For just the range the barrel and mag will work fine. I have used my 23 mags and it works with 9mm but there is an occasional hiccup.

· Registered
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've shot my reloaded 9mm cartridges so far in it and they have shot great. They are 115 gr . Anyone have trouble with light loads like the 115 gr ? Mine shoot great but I read of a few people having to shoot 124gr and heavier

· In the STL
3,766 Posts
I've shot my reloaded 9mm cartridges so far in it and they have shot great. They are 115 gr . Anyone have trouble with light loads like the 115 gr ? Mine shoot great but I read of a few people having to shoot 124gr and heavier
Not a Lone Wolf conversion, but a Storm Lake....I had to make my 115gr loads a bit hotter by a couple tenths of a grain to cycle properly and not stove pipe. My 124gr loads work fine, even with minimum book data

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.