Glock Talk banner

I Got A Free Pistol

5076 Views 52 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  VN350X10
No, not free as in no $$$; a Free Pistol as in Olympics. Showed up yesterday from Bud's.

Brown Tan Wood stain Machine Plywood
Gun Trigger Tan Orange Violin family
Brown Textile Tan Beige Linens
Brown Product Gun Trigger Shotgun

TOZ-35M
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

· Registered
1,111 Posts
Ah yes, February's Challenge.
I saw the writing on the wall!!!!
So much so I went to buds site, saw they were a good bit cheaper than last time I looked so ordered one as well.

This monthly challenge thing is going to get expensive quick (even with "FREE" guns!)......... especially if it causes a divorce!!!!!

· Registered
258 Posts
I don't know what a TOZ goes for now, but I bought a nice used one years ago from CDNN for $400 and had a lot of fun with it. I used it in pistol classes to show why it was important to keep your finger off the trigger till you were on target. (especially if you were trying out someone else's pistol for the first time) I would take a .22 cartridge and pull the bullet and dump the powder, leaving only the priming compound. Then I would chamber the primed empty case, point it away toward the ceiling, cock it, and drop an empty .22 casing on the trigger at an angle from about 2 inches. The primer would pop and the students jaws would drop! They measured the trigger press in grams. Did I mention, it is also an extremely accurate pistol?

· NRA Life Member
32,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I don't know what a TOZ goes for now, but I bought a nice used one years ago from CDNN for $400 and had a lot of fun with it. I used it in pistol classes to show why it was important to keep your finger off the trigger till you were on target. (especially if you were trying out someone else's pistol for the first time) I would take a .22 cartridge and pull the bullet and dump the powder, leaving only the priming compound. Then I would chamber the primed empty case, point it away toward the ceiling, cock it, and drop an empty .22 casing on the trigger at an angle from about 2 inches. The primer would pop and the students jaws would drop! They measured the trigger press in grams. Did I mention, it is also an extremely accurate pistol?
This one was $345 from Bud's with free shipping and you are right about the trigger on it. My gauge didn't register when the firing pin let go.

21,536 Posts
I wish you luck in your Olympic pursuits, give Russian hell!

· NRA Life Member
32,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
That's an expensive piece of walnut. What is wrong with it?

· Registered
1,111 Posts
$345 is a real bargain! My grip was already carved and finished, but luckily it fit my hand perfectly. You don't hold the gun - you "wear" it. The $400 I paid for mine was well over 10 years ago.
IMO $400 or even $1000 is a good deal when considering the price of some guns today with much less accuracy potential.

Mine was 329$ but it no go bang so it's sort of like I don't have one. I blame Bill for starting all this free pistol stuff.
That' a great price, where was that from?
Is it new (rough grip) or used?
Did it come with all the accessories?

I would wager a guess that it just needs the packing grease cleaned out of action and lubed with some good lube.
Wouldn' think it would take much to get it going.
If it did come with accessories ,should be able to get it working from spare parts kit , worse case scenario.

Also for those that will be playing lumberjack with your grips, just a word of caution , should always wear a dust mask when sanding ! TERRIABLE sinus infections will follow sanding a stock without one!

· Registered
10,984 Posts
I'm going to pretend I didn't see that price.....I've still got a Winnie 52D to get sorted out & scoped :(

uncle albert

· Registered
14,613 Posts
Mine is rough walnut new gun. Bought it on GunBroker. My pistol will set the striker spring but when you cock it the sear doesn't set. I have to send it back to Century when I get home. There's a 6-8:week turn around on repairs. Sucks I bought it from a GB seller but they didn't actually have the gun, it shipped from Century and I have to deal with them.

For the record I bought mine first and was asking Bill about them and talked him into buying one.

· Registered
1,111 Posts
Picked mine up after work today from FFL, excellent condition with all the goodies.

Grip is comparable to my Glock 21.... lol

Now guess we have a competition to see who completes grip first !

I will probably have to shoot mine first chance I get.

· NRA Life Member
32,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
My plan is or was to buy grips. I found someone that does plastic grips, I think on 3D printer. Sort of my second plan to make grips from moldable plastic.
If you get there before I finish the chainsaw work; let me know the contact please. I may decide to go that route depending on how far along I have screwed it up.

:supergrin:

· Registered
10,984 Posts
Might be worth it to BUY a 3-D printer just to make the grips, at least if your woodworking skills are anything like mine......;)

uncle albert

· Registered
14,613 Posts
Might be worth it to BUY a 3-D printer just to make the grips, at least if your woodworking skills are anything like mine......;)

uncle albert
The wrap around grips are 200$. I'm sure cost of printer is greater. Guy making the has you measure your hand to custom fit to you. I was thinking if I bought the grips it might be easier for me to use that as a plan for the chunks of wood.

· Registered
10,984 Posts
That's not bad, but if I (ME, THE MORON) were making the grips, I'd screw up at least 3 grand worth of walnut blanks before I got a usable set !
Metal I can do, easily, wood, I burn to hide the evidence...

uncle albert

· NRA Life Member
32,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
You are a lot further along on it than I am. That trigger will need some getting used to.

Reactions: es 350
21 - 40 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.