Glock Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· NRA Life Member
32,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, not free as in no $$$; a Free Pistol as in Olympics. Showed up yesterday from Bud's.

Brown Tan Wood stain Machine Plywood
Gun Trigger Tan Orange Violin family
Brown Textile Tan Beige Linens
Brown Product Gun Trigger Shotgun

TOZ-35M

· NRA Life Member
32,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don’t look for any report soon. It’s going to be a while to carve the grip.

:supergrin:

Reactions: es 350

· NRA Life Member
32,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, I’m going to fire up the chainsaw tomorrow and get started.

· NRA Life Member
32,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting pistol. I fired a few rounds in it just to check function. The little lever at the bottom of the grip in the last picture locks/unlocks the breech. The lever on the LH side above the trigger cocks it.

My trigger gauge doesn't register when the firing pin drops; I'm guessing the trigger pull is a few ounces. It actually feels like it will go off if you breath on it. It is adjustable though.

I bought 5 pounds of modeling clay to start molding a grip. From there I will take measurements and start chipping away at anything that doesn't look like a grip.

· NRA Life Member
32,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)

· NRA Life Member
32,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Neat!
Modeling clay will be a good start for the grips, but it's gonna take a while to carve out the walnut and get it right. Congrats + good luck!

Thanks, yeah, I suspect the final grip will be pine colored.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: ShootingRooster

· NRA Life Member
32,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I don't know what a TOZ goes for now, but I bought a nice used one years ago from CDNN for $400 and had a lot of fun with it. I used it in pistol classes to show why it was important to keep your finger off the trigger till you were on target. (especially if you were trying out someone else's pistol for the first time) I would take a .22 cartridge and pull the bullet and dump the powder, leaving only the priming compound. Then I would chamber the primed empty case, point it away toward the ceiling, cock it, and drop an empty .22 casing on the trigger at an angle from about 2 inches. The primer would pop and the students jaws would drop! They measured the trigger press in grams. Did I mention, it is also an extremely accurate pistol?
This one was $345 from Bud's with free shipping and you are right about the trigger on it. My gauge didn't register when the firing pin let go.

· NRA Life Member
32,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
That's an expensive piece of walnut. What is wrong with it?

· NRA Life Member
32,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
My plan is or was to buy grips. I found someone that does plastic grips, I think on 3D printer. Sort of my second plan to make grips from moldable plastic.
If you get there before I finish the chainsaw work; let me know the contact please. I may decide to go that route depending on how far along I have screwed it up.

· NRA Life Member
32,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
You are a lot further along on it than I am. That trigger will need some getting used to.

· NRA Life Member
32,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
It nice that the owners manual that came with it is in English, too bad the part about test firing was either not recorded just inspectors initials or is Russian #'s !?

Is others the same?

Same with mine.

· NRA Life Member
32,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I said you guys would like Bullseye shooting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.