Glock Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,111 Posts
Nice, I was on the fence about one of those as well.
The new ones like yours come with a little extra grip material but is the one I would get also.
IIRC there is at east one company that "did" make grips for them.

Looks like your box is complete with accesories.

Keep me informed on the accuracy once you have a chance to ring it out.

· Registered
1,111 Posts
$345 is a real bargain! My grip was already carved and finished, but luckily it fit my hand perfectly. You don't hold the gun - you "wear" it. The $400 I paid for mine was well over 10 years ago.
IMO $400 or even $1000 is a good deal when considering the price of some guns today with much less accuracy potential.

Mine was 329$ but it no go bang so it's sort of like I don't have one. I blame Bill for starting all this free pistol stuff.
That' a great price, where was that from?
Is it new (rough grip) or used?
Did it come with all the accessories?

I would wager a guess that it just needs the packing grease cleaned out of action and lubed with some good lube.
Wouldn' think it would take much to get it going.
If it did come with accessories ,should be able to get it working from spare parts kit , worse case scenario.

Also for those that will be playing lumberjack with your grips, just a word of caution , should always wear a dust mask when sanding ! TERRIABLE sinus infections will follow sanding a stock without one!

· Registered
1,111 Posts
Picked mine up after work today from FFL, excellent condition with all the goodies.

Grip is comparable to my Glock 21.... lol

Now guess we have a competition to see who completes grip first !

I will probably have to shoot mine first chance I get.

· Registered
1,111 Posts
You are a lot further along on it than I am. That trigger will need some getting used to.

If you know what you want/where to remove material....... use some 40 grit sanding rolls of varying dia. .
Working from front and rear of grips to form a glove basically .
The course grit rolls will remove material pretty quickly .

Grips OFF of gun of course.

It nice that the owners manual that came with it is in English, too bad the part about test firing was either not recorded just inspectors initials or is Russian #'s !?

Is others the same?

· Registered
1,111 Posts
Between 13 mph winds and frozen fingers I think it has potential.

25 yds , 2 hand (sort of lol) left elbow rested.
Wood Hardwood Wood stain Shotgun Trigger

I noticed rear sight is extremely tight , spring can not hold in position when adjusting elevation so will need some work.
All in all I think once grip is finished , preferred ammo is found and small bugs worked out of sight it will be a shooter.
I' sure the holes in target that is not in x-ring is my cold fingers/13 mph wind and not being used to such a trigger!

I stopped shooting when I dropped the low /right one.

Here is my one handed standing unsupported @25 yds effort after more work on grip.
Be prepared .... this is an ADDICTING style of shooting.
Cold and windy and I'm out shooting !
Circle Space Plywood Wood stain Revolver

· Registered
1,111 Posts
After approximately 5 hrs total time I have the grip fitting my hand like it grew there.
Will leave this way for awhile to make sure there are no changes needed.

Once satisfied with interior of grip will shape, sand and apply finish.
Will probably make a better looking forend with some checkering .
A gun that shoots this well deserves nice furniture.

Wood Hardwood Wood stain Plywood Tan

Finger Hardwood Tool Wood stain Thumb

I would compare interior shaping of grip to porting a set of cyl.heads for a race engine.
Anyone with experience porting heads will have no problem fitting grip to hand.

· Registered
1,111 Posts
I will probably polish the inside of grip as well and apply finish to seal wood.

Will add stippleing in areas needed .
Little bit I have shot it , the rough texture left from shaping grip is uncomfortable in tender areas of hand.

The issue with rear sight was not really an issue. Lack of knowledge on my part( I think). Seems the flat head screw on the windage adj. also serves as a lock to help keep sight in adj. for elevation.
That is how I will use it anyways.
Once elevation is good with above said screw loose will tighten it to help hold adj.

On another note, when you guys go to adj. trigger position , change sights or loosen any screw..... I suggest having a quality thin blade ( gunsmith) screwdriver as the screws on my gun are ridiculously tight!

Shot it a little more today ( addicted already!) Best 10 shot 2 hand group was 3 1/8 w× 1 5/8 h unsupported @ 50 yds.
Can' wait for some better weather!

Since I will not be shooting in 2018 Olympics and like my firearms flexible as possible for WHATEVER I decide to use them for, I am making provisions for better 2 handed shooting.

Wood Hardwood Sculpture Plywood Wood stain

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.