close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

I got $3k to spend, HELP ME!!!

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by HasSpoken, Jan 10, 2004.

1. HasSpoken

HasSpoken SumBody2Luv

Hello all,

I have $3k to spend and I need to spend it on building a nice collection. I am interested in compact SIGS and shorty ar-15's as my long gun of choice. My collection must have atleast one compact SIG and one short ar-15, oh yeah, I would also like a nice 1911, I'm leaning towards STI. Yikes, now that I think about it, I don't have much to play with :(, I may be tempted to increase it to $5k depending upon what you guys come up with. Thanks, Tim

2. walangkatapat

walangkatapat Millennium Member

3. HasSpoken

HasSpoken SumBody2Luv

4. Medford4

Medford4 Hired Gun

For a 1911, if you want a high quality gun, and still want to stretch your money, get a Kimber Custom II with night sights. Wanna stretch your money a little more, get a Springfield Armory Mil-Spec.

5. whiskerz

whiskerz

Buy a low end machine gun. every other gun will depriciate but an MG will appreciate at about 15-25% per year. for 3 k you can find lotsa choices and have money left over. the other stuff you can get later ;f

6. MStarmer

MStarmer In Jail...

Only $3K? Sounds like alot untill you go out to purchase a few... If it were me I would buy either 2 or 3 guns. Setting a limit of $1500 or $1000 for each...

Buy one good .45 ACP. If you want to keep it under a grand buy a Kimber of your choice. Hard to go wrong... If you want to go $1500 buy something from Les Baer or Wilson. It's a stretch but it can be done.

Buy yourself one nice flattop AR. If you want to spend $1500 go for a preban. Otherwise for under a grand buy a new Rock River Arms. Easily had for under $1K.

Then spend whatever is leftover on the Sig of your choice + mags and ammo.

It's funny how when you think about all the things you can buy but when you go to get them how much faster the money runs out. It always seems that after I add tax and a few boxes of ammo, and don't forget that holster.... ;g

Never goes as far as it seems. Went today to buy a KelTec .32 came back with a Stainless Beretta Tomcat plus two boxes of ammo, only $100 more than I planned on spending.. Oh well. ;f