Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was SUPPOSED to have drinks with a guy from the range today....he called earlier, wanted to meet after he got off work...arranged a time/place. I went, had some chips/salsa...he never showed. He called about 1 hr after we were supposed to meet and said he "got tied up at work" - he's a S.O. at the range and gives lessons...the range closed @ 8 pm. How tied up could he have gotten?

THEN he said he wanted to come by my place instead...I said nope - got food at the place, have a bottle of wine already open and am heading off to bed. I don't do 1st dates at "my place"...(and with the way he's going there won't be a 1st date either.)

He offered to make it up with a "free shooting lesson" I said my shooting was just fine - but he could give me free range time instead. :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin:

Why are guys such jerks?? Why do I even bother?? I looked cute too - new haricut, cute capris, cute sandals & pedi. :soap: :soap: :soap:

·
Sharon, you will be missed.
26,373 Posts
ugh! I'm so sorry :hugs: That really was a crappy thing for him to do. Very thoughtless. You absolutely deserve better! :hugs:

·
Registered
137 Posts
So, does he get another chance? Or does that depend on whether he gives you free range time?

You didn't say what time he called? If it was 9ish vs. midnight . . . .

Thoughtless indeed, but perhaps there was a reason - though trying to meet you at your house makes it seem like he had different ideas than a drink.

Sorry it didn't work out this time.

·
What's Up Dox?
6,801 Posts
I got stood up on my birthday once. I even had fixed dinner for him and he didn't show. I couldn't have been more livid at the time.

I know exactly how you feel and I'm sorry it happened. He needs to realize how disappointed you were over the situation.

·
GET A ROPE!
37,372 Posts
Ma'am, you need to date Texans. We may have cow stuff on our boots, but we ain't rude. :cowboy: :cowboy: :hugs:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys - he did call around 9ish...I will give him that, but his offer to come to my place tells me that he had "other intentions". No thanks, not on a 1st date...or 2nd. I'm jsut not that kind of lady.

His excuse was lame. He MIGHT get a 2nd chance...dependsing on how much he seems to be genuinely sorry. It all depends...

·
Semper Fi
7,259 Posts
<----Is proud to say has NEVER stood a lady up on a date;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Originally posted by LadyG23
Because they got grabbed up asap! Hang in there, it will happen.
<----got married at 19

I don't know how I would deal with being single, but with the marriage statistics the way they are I'll probably have to deal with it one day. :grouphug:

·
Reload Artist
697 Posts
Wow,

To stand you up and then ask to come to your place. That is just way uncool. I feel a little responsible since I said mostly good guys go to the range in another thread.

I have been stood up before and it sucks, but its a lot better than finding out 6 months or a year later the guy is a schmuck.

-Lonnie

·
Registered
156 Posts
Originally posted by rnchick
I looked cute too - new haricut, cute capris, cute sandals & pedi.

Need pics...;) ;) :cool:

:needspics:

He sounds like he's the kind of guy that should hold your targets for you. If he won't do that tell him he's worthless. Hey maybe he's married???? Don't mean to sound negative but his actions and words don't appear sincere. If I was late I would have appologized Big Time and offered to take you out somewhere nice or somewhere you like. You handled it perfectly I think. My advise...get some free range time from him then tell him your dating someone else....

·
Ornery & Irreverent
11,159 Posts
My advise...get some free range time from him then tell him your dating someone else....
....... then ask him to adjust your target, and then OOOpppps!!!! *miss!!* :kidding:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by lcarreau
Wow,

To stand you up and then ask to come to your place. That is just way uncool. I feel a little responsible since I said mostly good guys go to the range in another thread.

I have been stood up before and it sucks, but its a lot better than finding out 6 months or a year later the guy is a schmuck.

-Lonnie
It's ok, I don't hold you responsible - that's the range I go to anyways...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by MB-G26
....... then ask him to adjust your target, and then OOOpppps!!!! *miss!!* :kidding:
I like the way you think!!! I think he DOES need to hold my target - at least once. We'll see if he every calls again - my guess is NO

And I WILL post pics...but I have new glasses on order too...so I was going to kill 4 birds with 1 stone and post pics of new hair, new clothes, new shoes, AND new glassess all at once :supergrin: :supergrin:

·
Ornery & Irreverent
11,159 Posts
Originally posted by rnchick
I like the way you think!!! I think he DOES need to hold my target - at least once. We'll see if he every calls again - my guess is NO
:highfive:

Well, just remind him that he may need someone to dial "9" for him for an outside line.................

from the morgue!! :tempted:

And I WILL post pics...but I have new glasses on order too...so I was going to kill 4 birds with 1 stone and post pics of new hair, new clothes, new shoes, AND new glassess all at once :supergrin: :supergrin:
Jes! In fact, that calls for the 'You Know It's Coming' smilie:

:needspics:

(yes, it is good to make riddance of bad rubbish.... just can be disappointing that there is SO very much rubbish to be rid of :yuck: - yet Heaven Forbid! we be perceived as holding on too tightly to one of the Good Few :quiet: )

·
Red Tabby
306 Posts
What a total poseur that guy was. You did good to find out up front.

That takes 'nads, to stand you up and STILL try to get lucky. God's gift to the female gender...or perhaps not. For sure, a legend in his own tiny mind.

Hey, Texas-you might have something there. I prefer Southern men. Beloved Hubby is a Kentucky boy. Wouldn't trade him for all the gold in Ft. Knox, and I kissed a LOT of frogs before I got him.

Miao, Cat

·
Red White Blue
860 Posts
I know, personally, an awesome guy who lives in TN. Hes a well known figure in gun rights PR, a college prof, and definitely has the manners to not stand up a date. PM me for details.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by 10 Ring Tao
I know, personally, an awesome guy who lives in TN. Hes a well known figure in gun rights PR, a college prof, and definitely has the manners to not stand up a date. PM me for details.
ok pm sent

1 - 20 of 64 Posts