close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I FINALLY had my receipt checked at Walmart!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Annoyedgrunt, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

:woohoo:

I almost lost it- I almost couldn't control the maniacal laughter building up inside me when this finally happened... my receipt has NEVER been checked at Walmart... until tonight.

My wife and I went to the other Walmart, the one that we rarely go to, just because we were on that side of town. Picked up a few things, and one of them was a bag of soil. The bag of soil was too big to fit in a Walmart bag, so in the cart it went, and caught the eye of the receipt checker, because they check for things that aren't in the store bags. (Or so I've read on here about a hundred times)

So this 80-something year old man is checking our receipt for the soil, and in those two harrowing seconds of my dignity being put on hold, my mind was flashing through the pages and pages and literally thousands of posts on here I've read, bloviating about Constitutional rights being trampled on and refusing illegal search and seizure and all that...

And almost as soon as it had begun, he gave it back to me and said "Thank you, have a nice night." I said "You too, sir." Went out into the parking lot and LMAO with my wife- asked her if I should have made a stand, and loudly proclaimed that my fourth amendment rights WILL be respected, and compared Walmart to Nazi Germany, and waited for the police to show up, and all the other foolishness I've heard... She was like "No, just let the poor old guy do his job."

I felt strangely cheated. :rofl:

2. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

Girlyman, you should be ashamed of yourself

:supergrin:

3. OKGlocker

OKGlocker Geezer Member

Kind of a let down, ain't it?
    :rofl::rofl:

4. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

My experience is similar to yours...

I think most of this "they are trampling on your rights" craziness was started by Unions who are upset they can't infiltrate Wal Mart. They got a few whacky folks on their side, and here we are, 10 threads a week about a 5-10sec delay as you exit Wal Mart..

Something kind of funny happened to me yesterday when I took my dog to the vet. My rule is, when I'm charged wrong, I tell them once, I will not argue w/ them if they say "No, its right"..as has happened before.... Yesterday, I made a slight exception at the vet.

Took my dog for her monthly allergy shot. The girl working the desk was new and cheerfully said "$5"... I said, thats not right, its $15. She said, well, he wrote down $5. I said, Well, I'm here 2nd week of every month, its $15, he probably just accidentally forgot the 1. So she looks at my previous bill, which sure enough was $15. She rewrote the bill, and I paid her.

I couldn't believe the audacity of this lady behind me in line saying(as I corrected the clerk), that she would have "NEVER told them about dat $10".. I simply made a comment about karma and left.

People amaze me sometimes...

IGF

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  5. wally05

wally05

Yeah... I'm pretty sure a "merchant statute" allows them to search to a point... no rights trampled.

6. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

i know many of the "checkers" at "my wal-mart", and i dont want to be the cause of them loosing the only jobs they could get because i didnt want to show my receipt.

7. tadbart

tadbart duuuuude.

Anancygrunt, Gunny would be all up in your grille for being so disgustingly sissyfied and passive. i mean, you coulda at least grumbled, ignored, or pushed him down.

shame, shame...

8. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

Well, at least you got some free entertainment.:supergrin:

9. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

Yeah, what was I thinking? A quick forearm strike to the adam's apple, and this whole unpleasantness could have been avoided. Live and learn, I suppose. :cool:

10. glockrod

glockrod NRA-Endow. Life

YOURSELF!!!!! :rofl:

Even the wife had to call you down. For shame that you let that poor 80 yo man do his job(as stupid as it is)!!

Rod

11. thornesguns

thornesguns

at the last town i lived in this one old hag would go thru my bags and check my reciept EVERY single time i was there. I always wondered why she singled me out, then one day i over heard her say to one of her co-workers "there kind always are steeling things, need to check them out". wtf?? i'm sick of people thinkin i'm some other race than i am....bastards

12. j-glock22

j-glock22

Let's put an exit door at the end of each cash register. Problem solved.

13. KevinFACE

KevinFACE

I may make a visit and record it with my iphone just to let the hilarity ensue :p

14. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

I had mine checked the other night by some old Blanche Devereaux-looking woman. I was so tired that I almost ran over her with the buggy.

I let her check it, and everything was fine until I remembered my rights were being trampled.

So I shot her in the throat and walked away. Cause I'm hardcore like that.

15. AZ DBLTRBL

AZ DBLTRBL Out Of Order CLM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

16. hoffy

hoffy

ya missed a good chance for a beat down on a codger :) I wonder how many here will take you to task for not confronting the greeter/checker. I missed my chance a couple of weeks ago, had a cardboard box of cat dirt-25 lbs, could have really made an impression on the codger with that. Honestly, I really don't get it. All this talk of property and rights and what not, and customers are on wal-,marts property after all. Sigh...

17. RightGlock1

RightGlock1

You mean, your life was not altered by having your receipt checked?

Oh the horror! You've probably pissed off the receipt hoarders on this board.

Was worth the laugh was'nt it? I crack up every time I pass a receipt checker. I can't believe that there are the "I won't show my receipt, dammit!" crowd. Karma is a rotten whore who will pay you a visit in your later life. Enjoy.

18. RightGlock1

RightGlock1

So you told them you were Daytona or Indianapolis? :tongueout:

19. readthesenikes

readthesenikes

I'm a new member to this site. I have lurked on here awhile and I don't understand all the Wal-mart threads, union threads and they make more money than me they are over paid so I'm mad threads. I enjoy reading some of the crap that people come up with so please tell me what's wrong with showing your ticket? Personally I don't shop there but, I think most members here make Wal-Mart their second home. I really never found it that great. I believe they check the ticket because of items not bagged could have not been paid for. The grocery store I shop at has a little sign for the cashier to look under the basket. Oh well, my first post and it has to be a wal-mart thread.

20. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

As is only appropriate, really.

I'm not entirely sure why people get their panties in such a wad. I don't like being inconvenienced, but they're just doing their jobs, and it's not like they're proning my wife and I out while they look the receipt over.

Some people just have to be tough guys, I guess. Even if their supposed oppressor is a geriatric with a smiley-face button on his vest and the waist of his jeans hovering around his armpits.

:dunno:

Also, in case you're confused, this thread is making fun of those threads.