GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
I’d suggest the 43X with a few Shield Arms 15 round mags, add your favorite sights and a Bravo Concealment holster. My favorite most comfortable as measured in physically and capacity/peace of mind. Shoots great.

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
I would ask how are you going to carry it. On the belt, then the thicker slide won’t make a difference to you. IWB then you might want the thinner slide.
I would say go with a Glock 26. You can always put a Glock 19 or 17 magazine with a sleeve in it for a longer grip. And you will have the extra rounds.

If you belt carry, the shorter grip will be easier to conceal than the 19 or 43x.

Inside the waistband, the 43x might be a better choice. I carried the 26 for over twenty years IWB, both appendix and 4 o’clock. It’s every doable. You just need to buy your pants size one size up . A 32 waist to 34 waist for example . As I got older and fatter, the single stack kept me from having to buy new pants-lol.

·
Registered
74,410 Posts
Well, it's time to upgrade. My gen 1 XD .40 with 12 round mag is too outdated.
I don't know squat about
the different Glocks.
I want a 9mm, high capacity and I want to concealed carry it.
Milled for a Red dot? I don't know?
Educate me please?
Glocks are great. If you want a steal- Beretta APX.

Reactions: Ahmid

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I carry Iwb at 3 00 o'clock, but I want to try appendix carry.
I would ask how are you going to carry it. On the belt, then the thicker slide won’t make a difference to you. IWB then you might want the thinner slide.
I would say go with a Glock 26. You can always put a Glock 19 or 17 magazine with a sleeve in it for a longer grip. And you will have the extra rounds.

If you belt carry, the shorter grip will be easier to conceal than the 19 or 43x.

Inside the waistband, the 43x might be a better choice. I carried the 26 for over twenty years IWB, both appendix and 4 o’clock. It’s every doable. You just need to buy your pants size one size up . A 32 waist to 34 waist for example . As I got older and fatter, the single stack kept me from having to buy new pants-lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The
I just bought a Springfield XDM9 Elite 3.8" which has 20 round magazines, memory pad on the grip safety, better trigger fiber optic front a nifty 'U' rear sights. would be great for Concealed carry in a OWB holster, and you are familiar with it. Shoots the 'Less Lethal' 9MM

Personally I often carry a Glock 33 which is the same size as G-26 mentioned by Deputy Dave above, except is a 357 Sig caliber. I can use the higher capacity 40 S&W Magazines just like Dave uses higher capacity magazines used in larger Glocks for his G-26. and I can change to a 40 S&W barrel easily. Same magazines and extractor.

Try the three sizes at a Glock dealer. There are generation differences in grip feel also. I have not tried the Gen 5 G-19 and might like it, where I do not like Gen 3 or 4 G-19 or 23 grip feel. One size might fit most, but not all. With your time behind a original XD40 grip, you might have a learning curve to accommodate to a Glock grip. I shoot both pretty good, muscle memory comes pretty quick.
Xdm Elite 3.8 is on the list. I have a XD 45 and .40 subcompact.

·
NRA Life Member
63,378 Posts
I don't know squat about
the different Glocks.
Educate me please?
While I prefer Glocks, saying your XD is "too outdated" makes exactly zero sense. How is that more outdated than a Glock? In fact, how is a Glock not more outdated?

After that, I have to wonder how a smaller caliber is an improvement.

Reactions: cciman and teeuu

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
As much as I like Glock, and I do (I own five of them, carried them on and off duty and taught them), I would personally not carry one AIWB (or any striker fired pistol without a thumb safety). I've seen too many ND resulting in injury to be comfortable doing it. That's just me, YMMV.

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
The single stack Glocks won’t be a big difference to you other than the grip might be a little longer as far as carry.

If you are willing to buy a waist size higher, stubby grip on the 26 might be easier to conceal at that 3 o’clock position.

Holster choices make a big difference as well

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I'd say either a G26 or G19. I have a G26 and it's a great gun. That said, I just got a G19 gen 5, and honestly, after shooting it, I don't see a reason to own any other Glock. I love the G26, but man, the G19 just shoots and handles so much better.

I'm now of the opinion the G19 is the do-everything Glock.

·
Registered
639 Posts
MOS is designed for agencies that aren’t allowed to mill a slide.

get a regular 19 and have it milled for an RMR. Or a 48.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Why paint yourself into a corner. I'd want a gun I can use with any number of red dots. The red dot market is rapidly evolving.

MOS is designed for agencies that aren’t allowed to mill a slide.

get a regular 19 and have it milled for an RMR. Or a 48.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
If I were you, I'd be looking hard at Smith M&P 2.0 line. I think i's half a step ahead of Glock in design, has a lot of flexibility in terms of size, mag capacity, and features, has a good reputation for reliability, all models are US made, and tend to be cheaper than Glock for the equivalent model.

I don't know squat about
the different Glocks.
Educate me please?

·
Free Full Clip!
17,094 Posts
me neither.

triggers are garbage

mags reliable, pistols reliable, its the triggers....... yuk!
I used to think the DA trigger on any revolver was garbage and always cocked the hammer first until I took the time to learn how to shoot the gun double action.

The Glock trigger has a similar learning curve, but a 5 pound trigger pull is easier than a 9 pound DA trigger pull. The main thing is to focus on accuracy and accessing and re-accessing your target and building up you speed rather than focusing on how the trigger feels.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I don't know squat about
the different Glocks.
Educate me please?
I saw your post on SIGTalk too (I recommend shying away from SIG striker fired and consider Glock, CZ, and M&P. All now have optics ready platforms. I like the Glock 45 MOS, the CZ P10 C or F Optrics Ready, and the new M&P9 M2.0 Optics Ready offerings. There are a lot of good choices and SIG obviously isn't a bad choice, but I like their DA/SA pistols much better. A G45 MOS will give you the capacity you're looking for along with a G19 size slide which can make concealed carry easier.

Reactions: Gfive45

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
This assumes someone has settled on the red dot they want. That is likely not the case for a lot of people. It also assumes that red dots won't change going forward, which we know won't be the case. This is a very dynamic technology / market.

Then get it milled for whatever dot you want. I’m just not a fan of MOS if you don’t need to.

·
woo woo
30,318 Posts
For your carry wants, the g26 makes the most sense.....though I wouldnt advise appendix carry with guns like that.

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Glock 19 is all you need to know...that, and don't screw it all up with aftermarket crap that will RUIN your firearm. There's a reason Glock is known for reliability, KEEP IT OEM.

21 - 40 of 85 Posts