GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
26,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I misplaced one of my cards so I went to their web site. No phone# on the web site. It does say: "In case of a lost or stolen card, please call the phone number on the back of your card."

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
You can't find the customer service number for a credit card company?

·
Registered
12,556 Posts
I misplaced one of my cards so I went to their web site. No phone# on the web site. It does say: "In case of a lost or stolen card, please call the phone number on the back of your card."

Really?? Please point out to them how stupid that is when you get ahold of them.

·
Values. Can't be bought.
11,849 Posts
Look on your statement?
ETA-or did you go paperless? Not always convenient being green, I've heard.

·
Premium Member
25,753 Posts
Just for the hell of it I clicked on Chase Visa, one of my cards, spent a few minutes looking, no phone number.

That's some bull****.
The first thing has
1-800-935-9935 in big blue letters
I added ”LOST card.” 1-800-432-3117

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I’m not a great record keeper or saver, but I do have a file with CC papers. I can at least find a phone number & have the account number, without the card present.

·
Kydex Crafter
6,367 Posts
That's like the billboard in Mississippi that says..."illiterate?? Can't read??" Call 1-800-XXXXX

Reactions: Inyo Tim

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
It can definitely be hard to find a phone number sometimes, and the probable reason is that most business want to encourage self service solutions to their problems and queries. If all else fails, and you can't find the phone, bring up a copy of your monthly statement and there will be a customer service number on that.

Reactions: Inyo Tim

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Everything in my wallet has front/back pictures made on the copier. Locked in the safe.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
I was curious, so I went out and checked. Not only did I not have any trouble finding a phone number to report a stolen card, the link to turn the cards on/off is prominent on the home page. Of course, that's the credit card and debit cards I have at the bank. I also found it easy to report a stolen card on the USAA app. I think I'm covered. If I couldn't find a phone number for my credit card provider, I might consider switching credit card providers.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Holy sh_t! Not only has GT become a catch all for anything from breakfast to gallbladders to political crap at about 75% volume with little bit about guns, now it's a forum to show how brainless some members are

·
Registered
I buy and use guns for self protection only.
1,218 Posts
I am not a fan of credit cards but I have had one for many years and I now also have a Debit Card which I use a lot. I have to honestly say that I never had and problems with any of my cards and I did have a few incidents where they had to issue me a new card but every card I ever had, there is a service phone number on the back of the card which you can call for help 7 days a week at any time of day! Get a Visa or Master Card from a reliable bank and you should have no problems! Good Luck

·
Registered
12,323 Posts
Really?? Please point out to them how stupid that is when you get ahold of them.
"Due to the high volume of calls, your wait time may be longer than usual".
So, yesterday morning, February 17th, I get a call from USAA. Did I order $500 worth of dresses? My card was declined. I select option no. 3. I did not order the dresses for Valentine's Day and I am not a cross dresser. After I wait awhile on hold, a message is given that no one is available and call back later, and USAA hangs up.

That is the high tech start of the day. It only takes a couple of hours after that initial call.

The record was the time that $27,000 worth of Domain Names were charged in Jakarta, Indonesia.

"Point out . . .stupid". You assume that people always want to do their jobs. Ok. Von's puts in purportedly automated self check. There are defects in the software. Do you think that the lady who is supposed to help you is taking notes on customer complaints about software defects? Not the one at Von's who son is software developer. You tell her - and suggest that she make a note, and she doesn't.

USAA is on a roll these days. I do bank transfers on Sunday evenings. Last Sunday, it was another exercise in dealing with USAA software updates that lock you out. The first guy failed. Called again. The lady worked it out. Now I have some 80 passwords. I have that many because each company upgrades its software, locks you out and you have keep contacting the "stupids" and work them to learn whether you have to change browsers, etc.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts