close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I do NOT want to be notified

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by MADISON, Aug 12, 2002.

1. MADISON

MADISON Millennium Member

Dear Modirator:
    I do NOT want to be notified every time someone posts a reply to something I have posted on. There doesn't seem to be a place to TURN IT OFF.HELP!
    MADISON

2. igrp

igrp ut supra

Madison,

yes, there is a way to turn it off. Please use the Options CGI (User CP -> Edit Options). There you'll find a setting named "Use 'Email Notification' by default?". Please click no and submit the form.

Hope this solves your problem.

-igrp

3. MADISON

MADISON Millennium Member

Thank you for the "how to" information but...
    I did exactly what you said and got 2 more notices on posts the next day? Let's give it more time to work.

4. MB-G26

MB-G26 Non-existent STUPID GURL Lifetime Member

Madison, I can't swear to it, but it may be that you're getting the notices you did - even after making the 'notification' change - because they are for posts in threads from before you made the change?

If they are notices for posts/threads you made *after* you made the notification change, then something's prolly amiss. I think you have to click the 'save changes' or similar button in order to changes to stick, just in case you didn't do that.....

You could do a test post in one of the test threads - and then reply to yourself and see if you get a notice.

m

5. JMC

JMC

That is correct. Switching off that setting simply switches off the default setting when you make a new post. However, it does not unsubscribe you from any threads you are already subscribed to. I'm including a link below which will unsubscribe you from *all* threads you are currently subscribed to. This means you will stop getting new post notifications for those threads.

Unsubscribe from all threads