Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave up on finding a flush fitting plug for my Glock 29.

At the suggestion of IdahoG36, I decided to try and reshape one of the oversized one made for the G30. I did it all by hand with sandpaper and a file because I felt a power tool might take off too much too fast.

It did not turn out perfect but it turned out pretty good. It is good enough to suit me, and I am pretty picky. I am glad I decided to drill a hole on the inside of it before inserting it or I would have never been able to get it back out. For once I thought ahead.

Here are some pics. It still needs a tiny bit of shaping and then I will take the bead blaster to it to even out the finish.

·
Florida Cracker
1,948 Posts
good job!

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
nice!!!:cool:

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the compliments. Here is what it looked like before I started cutting it down.

·
Registered
170 Posts
HUH ? I am sorry but what was the before and after pix so i can see what is the differnce..

Sorry :)

but it looks great cuz its a GLOCK !

·
Build the Wall
10,257 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
That turned out well. I've been thinking of doing the same thing for my g-30. Which plug did you use, Lone wolf or the scherer plug?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Great job...

·
Registered
20,935 Posts
You did a good job PBP

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My posts keep disappearing

Here is what the plug looked like before I reshaped it.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
what is the reason for the plug if you don't mind me asking?Is it so you can shoot mall ninjas underwater when you go scuba diving?J/K I really don't know what the plug is for

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what is the reason for the plug if you don't mind me asking?Is it so you can shoot mall ninjas underwater when you go scuba diving?J/K I really don't know what the plug is for
Two purposes. One is purely aesthetic. The second is to keep debris from entering the gun through the opening in the grip. The first one is my main reason. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts