close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I couldn't help myself

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Von Hayes, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Von Hayes

Von Hayes

Shift change yesterday (datacenter) somehow the four of us swtart talking about guns.

One of the guys we were taking over for mentions how federal officers "carry .41 calibers.....revolvers" I started laughing really hard. I said yeah, maybe in 1967.

Then someone said "well what DO they carry?" I said, which agency? He said "FBI." I said "SIGS." All three had never heard of them.

I said, "this is getting like the gunshop stories I read about all the time."

Then someone says, "what do the cops around here carry?"

He pipes up again, "they carry those Glocks, but they jam a lot"

I started really crowing at that one.

I know I shoulda been the bigger man, but it was just too funny.

I did manage to control myslef when he started talking about the "German, steel penetrating rounds" he had for his Mossberg.

I just said, well I don't know, I'll have to look that one up. Lol

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  2. nctrooper911

nctrooper911

I recently met with the US Marshals in my area for an internship and their required service pistol is a Glock 22, 23, or 37 if I can remember correctly.

3. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Really?

http://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/deputy_positions.html
    The FCIP Recruiting Drive is closed. Please check back later for updated information.

'Drew

4. Pima Pants

Pima Pants Urine Idiot

Wow, Drew. Got him on his first post! That could be some kind of record.

5. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Honk Honk CLM

Fail :rofl:

6. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

Last time I checked, FBI issued Glock .40.

ML

7. Von Hayes

Von Hayes

Well, didn't they have SIGS before that?

At least I was closer than "41 calibers"

8. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

That's one of those conversations that in which you make your point by casually rolling up your pant legs to your knees and walk away. If they ask what your doing that for, you reply, "Well the @#^! is getting deep in here!" :rofl:

9. mnglocker

mnglocker Rope Czar

NAhhh, you'all got it screwed up. Them's FBI agents couldn't handle the awsomeness of the 10mm back in the 80's so the FBI switched to S&W model 41's. For their excelent trigger and all metal construction seeing as how the federal government would have trouble justifying plastic pistols that melt under the seats of crown vics. :whistling: :tongueout:

10. Morgo

Morgo

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

11. Gallium

Gallium CLM

FBI regional SWAT and HRT do not have to carry Glock anything. So if the only FEEBS you know were those guys, one would technically be correct in saying "FBI guys I know carry a 1911" (example only).

Also, one or two of the crusty old (non SWAT/non HRT) salts are still allowed to carry their SIGS/etc.

But yes, new grads from the 20week program are issued guns that fire the 10mmx21mm cartridge :)) .40S&W).

'Drew

12. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

Yes.

Back in the day, they carried revolvers with SWAT and HRT carrying semi-autos. After the great Miami shootout, they planned and ordered S&W 10mm. For various reasons it didn't happen / work and they got Sig 9mms. Now they have Glock .40s.

{Drew} The first SWAT guy I met carried an S&W M59 and the HRT carried Browning High Powers. Now both carry Springfield 1911s. Last year, I was with an agent at the range and he had one of the Springfield .45, but for some strange reason he would let me trade him out of it.

ML

13. nctrooper911

nctrooper911

Yes, it's a student internship. Not a career-internship. I'm not trying to be hired, but to receive college credit. It's considered a voluntary, non-sensitive position.

14. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

If they had just kept using the mighty 10mm, all they'd have to do is fire one shot ... one, mind you, and all the criminals would be struck down and cumfuzzled. All the FBI would have had to do was go amongst the stricken and read them their Miranda rights. :supergrin:

However, even the mighty 10mm could not come close to a shot fired by a 41 caliber pistol. When the danged bullet is more than three feet across, it's gotta make a Biblical boom, it does. :tongueout:

NB: Smith and Wesson Model 41 is a .22 LR target pistol. The Model 57 was the .41 Magnum revolver. I can find no reference to a 41 caliber pistol, but I suspect it would take a moving van and a crew of six to bring the danged thing home, it would. :tease:

15. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

I think you need to change the name of your center.

16. sargespd

sargespd

I was 4 in 1967, but in 1986 I was issued a .41mag revolver at my PD. Smith 657, 4", sweet stainless steel superiority in the day.

17. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

My brother had a blued Model 57 with an 8" barrel in the 1970s. I loved shooting that gun. I had an RCBS Rock Chucker reloading kit and we'd reload on Sat. for his 57 and my .357 and then have some steaks on the grill washed down with a few brews. On Sunday we'd go out in the woods and fire off what we'd reloaded. Was a lot of fun, especially the misfires and double charges that occasionally slipped through. And we even waited until we were through handling gunpowder before we started drinking.

18. mnglocker

mnglocker Rope Czar

Darn it Tous, don't be casting a shadow of truth unto my misinformation. :wavey::rofl:

19. happy seal

happy seal

I thought they all got Glock 7's! :upeyes:

20. Kosher Larry

Kosher Larry MWAG

They're the only ones professional enough...