Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Μολὼν λαβέ
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did something bad and now GlockTalk might come after me. I decided to stay OEM with my Glocks except for sights, ESR. I just removed all my LoneWolf 3.5lb connectors, 6lb LW trigger springs and went back to all OEM. My G19 carry gun is now just G17 Gen 3 trigger with light internal hand polish, Glock ESR, NS and Talon rubber grip. Do I now have to turn in my GlockTalk club membership card and will Eric come to my door and slap my face?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Naah, your good! Stock internals carry gun is just good common sense. Drive on!

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
There are many who will start talking trash to anyone who is NOT OEM based because that is what they believe in. But there are many who believe you should be able to do all the upgrades you want to on your own Glock. So the OEM only crowd is going to love you to death. Those of us who are not against an upgrade, really won't care either way. After all it is your firearm. Do with it what you please.

·
Director of civil unrest
10,286 Posts
I did something bad and now GlockTalk might come after me. I decided to stay OEM with my Glocks except for sights, ESR. I just removed all my LoneWolf 3.5lb connectors, 6lb LW trigger springs and went back to all OEM. My G19 carry gun is now just G17 Gen 3 trigger with light internal hand polish, Glock ESR, NS and Talon rubber grip. Do I now have to turn in my GlockTalk club membership card and will Eric come to my door and slap my face?
What a Fudd!!

·
Banned
547 Posts
Both of my Glocks are OEM, except night sights.

Reactions: Papa glock

·
Registered
230 Posts
[M]y only pet peeve is when somebody cuts their frame, cuts their slide, puts aftermarket everything in their "Glock" and then complains that their "Glock" isn't reliable.
This. This is my thinking on the matter. "Upgrades" aren't really upgrades when the tolerances stack-up and you have a less-than-reliable firearm.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
I have highly modified Glocks for the range and stock (except sights) Glocks for carry. It’s just what I prefer. I don’t care what others do.

FWIW my game guns although modified are dead nuts reliable.

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
So, you have decided to do what authentic handgun professionals do whose lives and that of others depend on a weapon with unquestioned demonstrated reliable function. Those are, of course, the professionals in law enforcement and some military. Not some gamer or some wannabe killer kommando Walter Mitty who dry fires his Glock a thousand times at the TV every day and becomes sexually aroused every time he sees some aftermarket gimmick with "combat" or "tactical" in its bogus name.

I think there's progress being made. :)

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
My Glocks are all stock. never saw a need to change perfectly good parts and not know what might happen. stock is good.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
I like oem personally. My 2 cents is do whatever you want to your gun modify the heck out of it if that is your thing. but at no point EVER do you mod the crap out of it then complain it doesn’t work right. You broke it ( by modifying it - you dug the hole live with the consequences)

·
Registered
8,844 Posts
There are many who will start talking trash to anyone who is NOT OEM
That is false. They never get trash talked. They just get told to put their guns back to OEM when they start a thread asking why that new aftermarket, gold plated, ported barrel won't run 100%.

It makes no difference to the OEM crowd what anyone does with their gun. We just don't accept that bling makes a gun run better. Its nothing personal.

·
19,004 Posts
You did good.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
All my Glocks are stock. The ones with night sights sport Glock sights as well, except for our 42 and 43. Both of those feature the same Ameriglo sights as found on the Talo editions.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts