I changed my beneficiary today

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Upgrayedd, Oct 27, 2020.

1. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

We are leaving a sizable chunk to the no-kill shelter here. We have also set up trusts for whatever animals we have a the time. HH

Upgrayedd and Inyo Tim like this.
  2. flyover

flyover

2 pages in and dibbs on your guns!

Upgrayedd and Inyo Tim like this.

3. ron b

ron b

I know people that are doing exactly the same thing that you are doing. I mean quite large estates. I would ask you to reconsider and find an organization for disabled veterans. Many have given it all for their country.

4. RenoF250

RenoF250

No, I have contributed enough to them.

Inyo Tim likes this.
  5. jame

jame I don't even know....what I'm doing here....

I think he made a great decision.

My Dad, 85, has farmed all of his life, and managed to accumulate a few hundred acres of Iowa farmland. The value is substantial.

I’m the oldest of three, and the only one that’s ever been involved in the family farm or shown any interest in the business, and I will be the eventual executor. The infighting has already begun, and it makes me sick to have to deal with this.

I’ve encouraged him to sell it all, buy a nice Mercedes and cruise the country, donate it to the local hospital or whatever he chooses, but he’s determined it stays in the family for at least one more generation.

Estate battles can ruin families, money can be powerful, and power should not transfer through the womb. Give it the doggos and be happy.

Congratulations on the wonderful choice.

jimcorbin and Upgrayedd like this.
  6. ThatGuyYouKnow

ThatGuyYouKnow Custom Title Goes Here

I am heretofore starting a GoodPeopleWhoArePoorThroughNoFaultOfTheirOwn fund.

Please donate if possible. Contact me for details.

:D

7. Wojo88

Wojo88

The old saying money is the root of all evil has a lot of truth. In my business I see it more often then I care to see. For many people greed is within and they just can't help themselves. I can write a book on the things I have witnessed. The same applies to people who think they have power and try to manipulate others. Their world view is only worth what they see in the mirror. What others see is a jackass who doesn't know which side is up....... Your dad should lock his assets up in the trust for a period of time, use the trust to pay all farm expenses, taxes etc.

jame likes this.