close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I carry my 340pd everywhere I go, bye Glocks...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Point Shoot, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Point Shoot

Point Shoot

I love carrying my 340pd. Big difference at the end of the day between carrying a G27 and my 340pd. I load my 340 with 130gr. Federal PD 357 cal. I favor the revolver for close range pistol combat. For everyday civilian carry why bother with the extra weight. Lightweight, powerful, and reliable. I like my Glocks but for deep cover and pocket carry there is no question which is the more practical weapon.

2. Guest

Bye Glocks? I like some of my guns more than others, but I'm not saying goodbye to any of them. Don't sell the Glocks, you'll regret it!

3. evilghost

evilghost

Never sell a good working semi-auto, you'll regret it. Always keep any gun you've ever purchased, as long as it performs to your expectations, otherwise you'll always regret it.

Love the 340PD I've got, I carry 158Gr Hydrashoks. Almost like carrying keys in my pocket.

4. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Bigfoot enthusiast enthusiast

A Taurus ti .357 snub happily replaced a Glock 30 for my home/truck/car defence needs............and the 30 was my only Glock.

Did I mention 'was'??

5. Point Shoot

Point Shoot

You are absolutely right! I have sold so many Glocks in the past and always buy newer ones.

6. Glock_Geezer

Glock_Geezer Aiiieeee....

I seem to be afflicted with this same disease, except in my case, I had been carrying a G26. Even when I do carry my G26 in an IWB, my 340 is usually in my front pocket.

The darn thing is just so light that I have even been know to carry it around the house in the pocket of my bathrobe.

I gotta admit though, my G26 was quite a bit of fun at the range when I used it with my new 32 round no-ban magazine ;f

7. C14

C14

I was just at the range a few days ago.Part of it was shooting prone with a 2 inch 357 at 100 yards.By far the most fun I have ever had at the range.Funny thing was on my last cylinder the last two bullets pulled out at the same time and locked the cylinder.Has that been a problem with anyones 340PD?

8. evilghost

evilghost

Yep, there's been some good threads on it. If you RTMF'd (lol, I say that jokingly), theres a test to see if the ammo your shooting is going to work well in the 340PD and not pull, causing the cylinder to lock. Personally, the only think I've shot have been the Federal Hydrashoks 158gr, which are crimped. Guy at the gun store who owns a 340PD said he's tried just about every round and the only thing that didn't pull were the Hydrashoks.

Hope this helped :)

9. Smudge

Smudge

Supposively that new Corbon 110gr DPX load does not pull from the 340PD (still waiting for mine to arrive). I tried the GoldDot 125gr and that did not pull.

10. Point Shoot

Point Shoot

My Corbon 357 ammo did not unseat bullets. I assume the Federal ammo should hold ok.