Glock Talk banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts
You've got a 4.02" barrel. Porting robs you of velocity. Loss of velocity robs you of "mushrooming" capability with HP's.
I guess, if I carried this, that I'd try to use "short barrel" ammo that utilizes faster-burning powder. I'm not a fan of porting but it has its advantages.
Not by much, not enough to even worry about...
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16082982
G17:

Avg 1205 FPS

G17C:

Avg 1146 FPS

Can anyone actually refer to a case of a comped Glock putting "debris" into somone's eyes? Unless you align the sights by puttin the bottom of the slide under your chin I would not worry about this. You have a better chance of being hit in the eye by an ejected case out of any autoloader.

If this train of thought continues please make sure that no one is recommended a revolver. A revolver passes more crap than a ported glock with quality ammo. Run jacketed ammo with quality powder (any factory sd ammo) and you will be fine.

I have shot hundreds of rounds from a low hip position out of a 23C and the only difference is that the sound is louder. Slightly twisting the body and holding the pistol sideways with the slide away from your duty belt, jacket and obstructions is being taught by many which then also directs the noise / blast away from you. This was NOT taught due to the comp but to keep the slide from being snagged and causing a failure.

Would I carry one? Yes...As soon as I get around to ordering a 23c I will....Yeah and I know those of us who shoot 9mm aren't men and there's no need to compensate a 9mm etc...But why wouldn't you want whatever caliber you choose to have less recoil? Is it necessary, no....Does it still make a difference...yes...less recoil=value added in my book...just like stippling, weapon mounted lights, and lasers...

I love hearing the stories about the flash slowing down follow up shots and blinding you and this and that...Even when you shoot a non comped pistol at night theres already plenty of muzzle flash if it were to distract you...

I regularly carry a g32c and it is my favorite carry pistol. Bear in mind I have a few and that includes 12 Glocks. The "c" part is the least of my worries and will continue to be for my G32c .

I do not carry my G31cc but only because it is a little big. Yes, it really is a "CC": model from the factory. The double "C" stands for "Compensated Competition" and has adjustable sights and a true 3 1/2lb trigger installed from the factory. Again, the C part of the pistol is no problem whatsoever.

If you like it, carry it without worrying. The "C" models are outstanding.

another person that hasn't shot a C model before, just regurgitating info he/she heard on the internet.

I've shot a C model in the night, is it no worse then shooting a regular model.

99% of the people that talk bad about the C models on here have never shot one, so take what you hear for what its worth.
Let me give you a momment to remove your foot from your mouth. Nowhere in my post do I say I have never shot a c model in fact I have shot a couple most notably the 23c which I tried in a low light senario the weapon belonged to a friend who was kind enough to allow me to try it since I was thinking about buying one. The senario was at an indoor range with most of the lights off to simulate a night shoot not ideal but not horrible since its all we had. I fired 165gr gold dots and frankly to me the sights were harder to aquire after the flash from the port but once again that's me I told the op if it worked for him then to go for it. Additionally I have fired several other ported guns both semi and revolvers and while they would work well in a comp I just didn't like the idea of carrying them. Frankly you seem to be in the catagory of people who feel they become psycic when their fingers touch the keyboard

Let me give you a momment to remove your foot from your mouth. Nowhere in my post do I say I have never shot a c model in fact I have shot a couple most notably the 23c which I tried in a low light senario the weapon belonged to a friend who was kind enough to allow me to try it since I was thinking about buying one. The senario was at an indoor range with most of the lights off to simulate a night shoot not ideal but not horrible since its all we had. I fired 165gr gold dots and frankly to me the sights were harder to aquire after the flash from the port but once again that's me I told the op if it worked for him then to go for it. Additionally I have fired several other ported guns both semi and revolvers and while they would work well in a comp I just didn't like the idea of carrying them. Frankly you seem to be in the catagory of people who feel they become psycic when their fingers touch the keyboard
If that came across as abrasive then I apologize but frankly I for one am sick of people who don't know me making judgment calls over a forum. If you don't agree with something I say that's cool to each their own just because something works for me doesn't mean it will for you and the same holds truebthe other way too. If you want to question somthin I post go ahead I am not the type to get pisses about that just man up and ask instead of being childish and assuming you know all. Rant complete thankyou for your time :)

I don't understand why someone would need a C model in 9mm.

You should carry what ever you practice with.

I don't understand why someone would need a C model in 9mm.

Like a lot of gun-related things, it's not always about need. And along the same lines, many (or most?) shooters simply cannot make use of the small but significant advantage a ported/compensated weapon provides.

You will find that most people who dont like C models have never owned one.

I have 22 C and carrying for a long time , Shot at night and day no problem.
No problem with things flying out the front either

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.