close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I broke my ambi safety

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by jasonub, Mar 6, 2006.

1. jasonub

jasonub

Broke my casted high priced ed brown safety!

Damn casted piece of 4$#!%!

I want a tough and durable safety.

What are my options? Hope its not casted.

who makes safeties out of bar stock???

I dont need an ambi and lastly how much is it if its available in the Phils?

Thanks a lot

2. jasonub

jasonub

also can i install a single sided safety on my sv since i never did use the right side safety.

3. royal glockster

royal glockster

Bro, where did you buy your ed brown ambi safety? I bought mine at Trueweight, 780 rds na STI ko, ok pa naman. Of course, mas marami na kinain na bala SV mo sa dami ng laro sinalihan mo, kaya siguro nag break na rin. I saw you playing at armscor, ang galing at ang bilis mo talaga Idol! How i wish i could mimic your skill level kahit 30% man lang, hehehe. Anyway, my ed brown ambi safety nga pala ay competition type, medyo malapad both sides, bought it for P3,750.00 last June 2005.

4. bulm540

bulm540

Should not be a problem, I have the original ED Brown safety in my SV. No problems yet after about 37 K.

5. mtho

mtho

sabi sa ibang forum mas matibay daw yung single sided na safety. kelangan ba talaga ng ambi kung right handed ka?

6. Allegra

Allegra

pag may basic shoot requiring you to draw w/ your right and shoot with your weakhand and wala ka ambi, yu get a penalty

pero , they dont do those kind of stages anymore I think

7. mikol

mikol

i am a lefty and i found out something that is very interesting while shooting my boomer. the SAM comes with a standard(right handed)single sided safety, that is why the first thing i bought was an ambi-safety.
    While trying to handle my gun, i found out that it is not that difficult to access the extended safety & extended slide stop with my left trigger finger while the rest of my fingers grips the gun.^8
    kayo mga lefties ginagawa nyo ba yun?;g

8. Allegra

Allegra

Pards , yes you could but it's not gonna help yur draw times

9. mikol

mikol

not unless you will dis-engage the thumb safety while drawing the FA from the holster.(legal ba yun sa IPSC/IDPA?;f)
    i'll replace it as soon as i'll be back in the country late this year, sabay lagay narin noong magwell tsaka palit ng bull barrel. medyo malakas kasi ang recoil, palibhasa commander size kasi yung SAM ko.;g

10. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

11. SMBeerDealer

SMBeerDealer Member

It's more for real world defense scenarios when your right hand is injured and you need to shoot with your left hand. Faster to disengage the safety if it's ambidextrous. :)

12. jasonub

jasonub

Sorry for the late response.

I had it tig welded di ako makatulog.

the safety i got from the states from speedshooter so its original for about 50 dollars.

My sv shot 29t rounds in 2.5 years and its wide though i trimmed the other side so it wont contact my right knuckle.

When i draw and transfer to weak hand, safety off as soon as the muzzle is parallel to the ground way before it is transferred to the left hand. That way the gun does not bob when i disengage the safety with my left hand. Result is faster first shot. though as soon as you transfer to left hand you can release the safety using the left hand thumb. i found that the former is my preffered way.

I also discovered that only sv makes forged safety 90 dollars and its not available in dealers in USA. you have to order it directly to sv.

Now im planning to get a single sided safety from STI 25 dollars compared to ed brown. i will install it when i break the one that got tig welded.

lastly, breaking one is more common than i thought. most shooters that ride the safety has a tendency to break it since we push down on it to put the sights back more quickly on target.

heres just one link on BE forums with broken safety

link to broken safeties

13. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

mikol, i suppose you mean the mag release instead of the thumb safety. I also use my trigger finger for the slide stop and the mag release. :)

Jason, tama si mang danny gamitin mo yung King's na safety. Si Doc, King's rin yata ang gamit.

14. bulm540

bulm540

Jason, The STI ambis are prone to breakage also. Don't know about their single sided safety.

15. mikol

mikol

yes mag release & slide stop are very easy to access through the left trigger finger. but i can also access the thumb safety using the left trigger finger.
    it goes like this;
    the underside of the extended thumb safety rest on the middle part of my left trigger finger. by swaying up my trigger finger the thumb safety engage to lock position.
    and to disangega, i'll just have to rest the under side of my trigger finger to the top of the extended thumb safety & sway it downwards. it seems weird but i can really do it. ;g(baka abnormal yung left trigger finger ko o di kaya ako kaya nagagawa to ;f)

16. Allegra

Allegra

17. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Ah sige try ko nga. Para pala si lastikman yang trigger finger mo. ;f

18. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

San naman nya nakuha yung ruling na yun. Baka galit sayo yung RO. ;f

19. Allegra

Allegra

that RO was Vin Lava , the big boss of all RO's during that time hehe
    I wouldnt even dare question his knowledge of IPSC rules

Besides , he liked me ( everyone likes me :)) and told me I had a great future kung babawasan ko daw kayabangan ko .
    Hah! Bomalabs yata yun hehe

20. mikol

mikol

oo nga e, baka nga lastikman ako...o talaga lang magaang daliri. di naman ako bading.(o baka naman bading ako di ko lang alam?;))