Glock Talk banner

I bought Chinese knowing I'd probably regret it.

1565 19
A little while ago I asked the Peanut Gallery here if I should consider a Chinese knock off aftermarket product verses it's USA made counterpart.

The responses were overwhelmingly obvious.

Now......... what I'm talking about here is the Brass Stacker slide slide pull for a 9mm Glock Slide.

Here's is my USA version.

I already abought the Brass Stacker product, and I'm more than happy with it. The REASON I bought it was to be able to improve my racking ability with a fully decked out Open Build legal for GSSF Unlimited Division. Using the Carver frame mount for the optic a traditional slide racker sticking out the side of the slide will not clear the optic mount for maintenance and cleaning.

The USA version is $49, and the Chinese version is $10. So you can understand the temptation.

Here's the Chinese version.

Side by side, USA is on the left China is on the right.

I have since built a SECOND nearly identical Open Glock and the racking device is the last thing I put off buying. MAINLY because it's a part I have to by singularly. If I was able to buy the USA product in the process of my build along with other parts I'd probably had never bothered with the Chinese product.

It popped up in my Amazon surfing one day, and I figured what the hell. At worst it will be $10 of entertainment I'll get for writing up this review if it falls short of my expectations.

Dimensionally the Chinese version is larger. It is 40 grains heavier, and 0.2 inches WIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe most of you all can see where this is going.

Here's the USA version mounted on the slide.

Here's China

If it's not obvious, the Chinese version is wider than the slide itself.

Well............. let's see, that doesn't mean it wont provide me the utility I needed from it.

Below is the USA version fitting through the Optic Mount

Below is the Chinese version getting stuck. So yea, for this shot, I had to actually put the slide on, lock it back and then install the ring just to take this picture. That's the only time it will ever be on a gun.

This does nothing I wanted it to do. The intent is for someone with weak hands. I found it for the additional use mentioned as an open gun with a restrictive optic mount. The whole fact the Chinese version is WIDER than the slide itself really turns me off regardless of intended use.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33,806 Posts
I just bought a $10 knockoff Benchmade knife just to see what the hell I would get. Compare that to $160+ for the real thing.

Other than the logo etched on the blade, I probably couldn't tell the difference. I'll probably lose it long before I break it so I'll only be out $10 instead of $160.

·
Registered
529 Posts
When first considering dot sights, I bought a knock off Trijicon from Wish.com (who I no longer utilize). The sight has none of the features of a real Trijicon but does have the name and serial number. I still don't understand how they can get away with this but they do.

At a price of less than $40 I fully expected this thing to fall apart quickly but it actually held up nicely. I did a run of relatively mild loads of .45 ACP to the tune of 320 rounds and while the dot has a bit of a comet tail, it's actually spot on once zeroed! I think it's just sitting around right now as I replaced it with a somewhat more trustworthy (and expensive!) Holosun but the fact that it survived my initial test run really surprised me! I think my next project is to put it on a .44 Mag, just to see if it does in fact hold up!
Color me surprised!
Cheers,
crkckr

·
Premium Member
19,217 Posts
In the way back o e of my Company’s product lines was “Pipe”.
The powers that be wanted to add a complementary line of fittings and flanges and were looking to “China Inc” as the supplier.
The Rep came in and laid out some samples on the table. They were flawless. The bevels looked bright and perfectly machines and seams perfect and smooth.
I turned to my boss ( because I was a little snot) and said these do look great but each has been individually hand finished. That’s not how the full production runs will look. It’s just too much work.
The rep looked at me and said….,, we don’t have a labor problem.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yes, a little bit of impact persuasion should be able to fix or help the issue. Clearancing the mount is another option.

The one issue is Chinesium. It it actually decent aluminum or some pot metal? If it actually is aluminum and a decent alloy it should be fine. If it is mystery metal it depends on the physical dimensions and if the flange that secures it in the slide is strong enough.

I would try it without the mount to see which size you prefer and if bigger is better, look at modifying the mount, the ring or both to make it work.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Personally I wouldn’t throw a @Charging handle” on a Glock. Looks stupid but to each his own!! If you like it and it makes racking it easier for you so be it brother..

·
Registered
933 Posts
Personally I wouldn’t throw a “charging handle” on a Glock. Looks stupid but to each his own!! If you like it and it makes racking it easier for you so be it brother

Reactions: cciman

·
MacGyver
10,382 Posts
Those of you being all snotty and looking down on Chinese products should just toss out all your electrical kitchen appliances, alarm system, cell phones, computers you are surfing with, bedcovers and clothing keeping you warm, anything made of rubber, shoes you are wearing, anything running on batteries (especially lithium)....etc. Live like it's 1932.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Those of you being all snotty and looking down on Chinese products should just toss out all your electrical kitchen appliances, alarm system, cell phones, computers you are surfing with, bedcovers and clothing keeping you warm, anything made of rubber, shoes you are wearing, anything running on batteries (especially lithium)....etc. Live like it's 1932.
Preach

1 - 20 of 20 Posts