Glock Talk banner

I bought a European revolver but it's not a Korth

1872 Views 51 Replies 25 Participants Last post by  CPotts
Czech-made imported by RIA. 9mm with a 3" barrel.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
480 Posts
Charter also uses the same system as Korth, likely from a former system used by S&W decades ago. The ejector star has little spring clip fingers which snap into the extractor groove and bear against the rim under ejection. So, rounds won't drop in, you have to nudge them into place, click.

· I'd be more cynical, but my apathy prevents it.
3,459 Posts
For good ejection yes but not required to fire.
OP I bought extra moon clips here Revolver Accessories Company is UniqueTek.
Yeah, I know. My S&W 940s would also fire without using moon clips, but poking the empties out with a cleaning rod got real old real fast. It made me long for a reintroduction of the 9mm Federal cartridge, but 1.) it's not 9mm Luger so ammunition would be more expensive; and 2.) manufacturers would now probably be pretty loathe to reintroduce a cartridge that fits into weak old revolvers chambered for .38 S&W (muy malo!)

· Registered
7,080 Posts
Looking at your thread title, I have to ask; is there some reason why you think that a revolver from Europe has to be a Korth?

Why does there even have to be a comparison between a non-Korth revolver and a Korth revolver in your mind or anyone elses? Image? Pffffffffft.

I've observed over the years in firearm owners what I will refer to as, "the delusion of being a self proclaimed firearm deity" that often accompanies Korth and other high end firearm ownership, and it's always been a big turn-off for me. Yet when I see someone post about any other non-US made revolver it piques my interest, especially coming from the Czech Republic who are capable of manufacturing fine firearms, I'm all ears.

If you've never owned, handled, or fired a Korth revolver then you don't have any first hand experience to make any valid comments about them or even compare them to others, so please stop propping them -and their owners- up with the forever parroted and perpetuated Korth BS and be happy with your new RIA revolver, which I hope will treat you well and which I assume will actually be shot and not put away to remain pristine like some spotless Hummel figurine in Grandma's curio cabinet.

Nomex suit; donned.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts