Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty disappointing, but it's not the lockdown. It's the the new puppy to blame. I bought I 43X and a special configuration Sig P229. I probably can get by with shooting them in my 4+ acres, since I hear gunfire often from my some of my neighbors. I just haven't the the gull to break the law, or be a nuisance. For the meantime, the puppy training takes priority.

·
Previously Will Beararms
6,661 Posts
What’s illegal about going to a remote outdoor range or remote piece of property? I am not being sarcastic. Are there states that actually lock people down and the people put up with it? I knew some dates have destroyed commerce but are they forcing people to stay in their homes? Go shoot those pistols!

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
Just picked up a new puppy Thursday, so I feel you.

Though I've been managing to sneak an hour each week since the weather turned nice.

Reactions: Rotn1

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What’s illegal about going to a remote outdoor range or remote piece of property? I am not being sarcastic. Are there states that actually lock people down and the people put up with it? I knew some dates have destroyed commerce but are they forcing people to stay in their homes? Go shoot those pistols!
Since the puppy is a gun dog, I would love for him to get familiar with gun fire, while he is a puppy. Maybe I should get over being a nuisance and shoot in my property.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Since the puppy is a gun dog, I would love for him to get familiar with gun fire, while he is a puppy. Maybe I should get over being a nuisance and shoot in my property.

Are you outside of city limits? Congrats on the new purchases and the puppy. I have a 4 month old black lab and he’s been a joy, aggravating at times but wouldn’t trade him for nothing. Started him off early and he has gotten very used to the noise. I’m somewhat in a similar situation action. I live outside of city limits on about 3.5 acres but I have some neighbors that are pretty close. I try to be considerate and don’t just go outside and continuously blast away or shoot super early or late. I’m perfectly legal to do as I please, but I don’t want to be that guy.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Pretty disappointing, but it's not the lockdown. It's the the new puppy to blame. I bought I 43X and a special configuration Sig P229. I probably can get by with shooting them in my 4+ acres, since I hear gunfire often from my some of my neighbors. I just haven't the the gull to break the law, or be a nuisance. For the meantime, the puppy training takes priority.
I’m right on your heels. I bought 2.5 since the lockdown. A 43X complete lower so I can use my 43 slide on it. A G48 and a CZ 75 P01. Finally got to test em out on Monday when the ranges opened back up. There is everything to like about those Glocks. I installed the Shield Arms mag release and 15 round magazines in them and they worked perfectly. The CZ is a beaut. I think it shoots a bit low, but maybe its me? Too soon to know.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I just bought a S&W SD9 VE yesterday as well as a Model 44 Glock,a model 22 Glock and none have been fired yet...Time is my problem..Not enough of it. But,I am taking my grand kids out this afternoon to remedy that!

·
Registered
13,583 Posts
I've bought five and won't be home to pick them up until July. Im doing good,I this was gotthe year Ididn't buy anymore guns. I got the following:
Kimber 82 w/36x Weaver
CZ 457 MTR
Rock Island XT-22
Glock 44
Glock 43X

Reactions: jr24

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
More details on the special configuration 229 please. I've had a CPO 229 in .40 that has been a fine handgun. You'll really enjoy yours.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Lets see bought;
M&P 2.0 compact
Beretta M9A1
Marlin 336
Remington 1100

Have a SAR K2 45 on the way

Hopefully next weekend.
Our ranges are opening up but closed for this holiday weekend.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Paperwork came through on a new can. Still waiting for the public range to open up.

Reactions: Rotn1

·
NRA Life Member
66,528 Posts
How do you have 4 acres in West Virginia, but it's illegal to shoot there? I would think only cities have ordinances against shooting.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
More details on the special configuration 229 please. I've had a CPO 229 in .40 that has been a fine handgun. You'll really enjoy yours.
I also have a CPO 40/357 that I bought a few months ago, I've shoot that plenty and it's a favorite of mine now.
The Special configuration was dated 0/)02/2020 it has legacy slide, short reach, reset trigger, and night sights. 9mm 15 round magazines.
IMG_20200520_120619_01.jpg
IMG_20200520_115902_01.jpg
IMG_20200520_120545_01.jpg

How do you have 4 acres in West Virginia, but it's illegal to shoot there? I would think only cities have ordinances against shooting.
In previous post I mentioned, plus 500 ft from a house regulation. I'm really close to the airport runway. According to FFA, I'm not allowed to fry a kite over 200ft. I'm not sure of shooting firearms if restricted, but I don't want to deal with harassments.

·
FAHRENHEIT
7,278 Posts
Lots of shooting around here since this virus thing started. I hear multiple gunshots almost every day, from different locations. {rural area}

I've shot some handgun rounds, and quite a bit of .22 lr.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts