Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And 9mmaddict.........

9mmaddict started a post in General Firearms asking whether we preferred Glock 26 or HK VP9SK. I'll be the first to admit I was rather dismissive and said Glock 26 because I own a Glock 26 (its on my hip as I type this) and had not paid much attention to the VP9SK, or other HK pistols for that matter.

Well......that changed a short time ago. Stopped at the LGS this morning and they had a used LNIB VP9SK on the shelf. Because of 9mmaddicts thread I asked to see it and was blown away by how good the pistol fit my hand. The ergos are incredible. I reluctantly said I would think about it and left. Made the short drive home and decided I had to add it to my collection. Just cleaned the pistol and plan on running a box or 2 of range ammo through it tomorrow.

As a new HK owner is there anything I need to know? Thought I read somewhere that HK is coming out with higher capacity magazines for the VP9SK.....is this correct? Any suggestions on a good Kydex IWB holster as I plan on adding it to my carry rotation?

All I can think to add is THANK YOU 9mmaddict!

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,559 Posts
I've mentioned before that I've carried a Glock almost all of my adult, professional life. I've had short periods when I've tried something else. But by-and-large it's always been a Glock (17, 19, 23, 26 or 30). As we speak my main 'official' off-duty is a Glock 26.4.

But...

I also own an HK VP9SK. And yes, imho the ergonomics and feel of the SK leave the G26 in the dust. The SK simply fits my hand like it was molded FOR my hand. The ability to mix-and-match the back straps and side panels pretty much assures a custom fit (or as close as your going to come). I mentioned in that thread that if I could have only one...it would be the SK. I like the way it field strips better than Glock as well.

I believe there are 13 round magazines coming out/or just came out for the SK. Which would be very interesting to get. Yeah, you're going to pay more for an HK mag than Glock but that's the way it is sometimes.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
57 Posts
And 9mmaddict.........

9mmaddict started a post in General Firearms asking whether we preferred Glock 26 or HK VP9SK. I'll be the first to admit I was rather dismissive and said Glock 26 because I own a Glock 26 (its on my hip as I type this) and had not paid much attention to the VP9SK, or other HK pistols for that matter.

Well......that changed a short time ago. Stopped at the LGS this morning and they had a used LNIB VP9SK on the shelf. Because of 9mmaddicts thread I asked to see it and was blown away by how good the pistol fit my hand. The ergos are incredible. I reluctantly said I would think about it and left. Made the short drive home and decided I had to add it to my collection. Just cleaned the pistol and plan on running a box or 2 of range ammo through it tomorrow.

As a new HK owner is there anything I need to know? Thought I read somewhere that HK is coming out with higher capacity magazines for the VP9SK.....is this correct? Any suggestions on a good Kydex IWB holster as I plan on adding it to my carry rotation?

I love my hk also

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,559 Posts
What to expect as a HK owner?

Enjoy spending a lot more for parts and magazines and not having the ease of use and maintenance of the Glock.
Not really. Normal price for a Glock mag is around $24 while the HK are around $33. Not that big of a difference. And 'street' price is lower. I've paid $25 for HK mags before. Base plate extensions are pricey, but they're also metal as opposed to plastic (and you don't have that annoying ammo shake). Trigger on the VP9SK is better than Glock right out of the box so you'd have to pay extra to modify a Glock to get to where the HK already stands.

Ease of use? I have both HK and Glock (as well as Ruger, Walther and more) and don't find one more difficult to use than the other. HK offers options and platforms that Glock either never has had or is just now adding. And the ergonomics are superior on the HK. As is the guide rod/spring assembly on models like the P30SK which is why it's inherently accurate.

Maintenance? Again, I have both and see no difference. In fact, the HK VP9SK details strips easier without having to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not really. Normal price for a Glock mag is around $24 while the HK are around $33. Not that big of a difference. And 'street' price is lower. I've paid $25 for HK mags before. Base plate extensions are pricey, but they're also metal as opposed to plastic (and you don't have that annoying ammo shake). Trigger on the VP9SK is better than Glock right out of the box so you'd have to pay extra to modify a Glock to get to where the HK already stands.

Ease of use? I have both HK and Glock (as well as Ruger, Walther and more) and don't find one more difficult to use than the other. HK offers options and platforms that Glock either never has had or is just now adding. And the ergonomics are superior on the HK. As is the guide rod/spring assembly on models like the P30SK which is why it's inherently accurate.

Maintenance? Again, I have both and see no difference. In fact, the HK VP9SK details strips easier without having to pull the trigger.
Thank you Double D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey, if you like H&Ks, more power to you. I gave them all a good shake-down and realized I was paying too much money, for too little options, for too high-priced mags and firearms, for far more complexity, for ... no valid reason.

Remember, they are HK and they hate you.

:)
Why do they hate?..I paid about 525.00 for the vp9 ...no extra mags yet, it came with 2...as i stated Glocks are my go to edc....Are you a 1911 guy?:hugs: just yanking your chain i love almost all guns man.....almost

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,559 Posts
Hey, if you like H&Ks, more power to you. I gave them all a good shake-down and realized I was paying too much money, for too little options, for too high-priced mags and firearms, for far more complexity, for ... no valid reason.

Remember, they are HK and they hate you.

:)
Well, lets look at this...

Hey, if you like H&Ks, more power to you.
I do. I like HK, Sig, Glock, Ruger, Walther and more.

I gave them all a good shake-down and realized I was paying too much money, for too little options
Hmmm, they provide more options than Glock. Several models are around the same price point as well. They provide interchangeable back straps and side panels. Glock only provides back straps on the latest two generations. HK comes with metal sights and guide rods. For most of Glock's history they didn't. They have front serrations. Glock doesn't except for a summer special. And HK provides a hammer fired option with various actions. Glock doesn't. And they offer a manual safety if that's your cup of tea. Glock doesn't.

As for options, Sig blows both away in the P320 series.

for too high-priced mags and firearms
Both Glock and HK are overpriced. Glock moreso.

or far more complexity
Really? I have both and don't see the HK as any more complex than a Glock. Certainly not the VP9SK which is the subject of the thread.

·
Registered
23,262 Posts

Enjoy spending a lot more for parts and magazines and not having the ease of use and maintenance of the Glock.
I have 12 glocks and 6 HKs. I must be a confused sort :D

·
Registered
5,770 Posts

Well, you can expect to immediately get trolled by budget-limited Millennial Glock fanbois....

On cue. Just waiting for Cent's brother from another mother Warp to chime in for the trifecta.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts

I like the majority of your posts, but every once in a while, you go way the **** out there.

When it comes to the VP9 series, I think you are way off base. I have no reference otherwise to other models of H&K and probably never will.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,559 Posts

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,559 Posts
Welcome to the World of HK. You have entered the hall of excellence, all others pale in comparison.
I don't think a lot of folks are actually aware of all the benefits of HK. Yes they're expensive generally, but when one looks at what they can do that other guns simply can't the price is actually quite reasonable. For example:

• Your out hiking and get thirsty. You want to drink from a stream but don't want to get a waterborne pathogen like giardia or cryptosperidium. Well if you have an HK you're covered. Simply dip the tip of the gun in the water and it will instantly be made safe to drink.
  • Power outage? No problem. Wave the HK over the nearest transformer to your house and power will be restored.
  • Tumor, laceration or acne? No problem again. Simply rub the HK over that spot and the next day it will have cleared up.
  • Can't sleep? Put the HK under your pillow and you'll sleep like a baby.
And remember, anyone can own a Glock. Not everyone is truly worthy of a German engineered piece of true perfection aka the HK. It boils down to this; do you want to be a gun owner? Fine, buy a Glock or Smith or even a High Point and you've become a gun owner. But if you want to be an operator...well get your hand on an HK! It's the only firearm that will fire regardless of how you load the ammo in the magazine.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts