Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Happy g21/g19 /g43 owner!
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy whom I had spent several days with in a car came up sick and popped positive for covid-19. I started feeling like I had been shot at and missed sh¡T at and hit. Fever, aches, taste buds, you know the litany of the list. I'm waiting for the test results but I'm pretty sure I have it. I'm keeping the symptoms at bay with C, zinc, D3, vitamins, Tylenol, muscenex. It's got worse but not unbearable. I plan on hitting the orange juice hard today. I'm recovering from a stroke (only health issue LOL), not over weight, bp under control, so I don't think I'm at serious risk, tho the stroke was over a year ago, it was hemorrhagic so there is that.

Is there much else preventative stuff I can do? I'm a little concerned but not too stressed.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Buddy whom I had spent several days with in a car came up sick and popped positive for covid-19. I started feeling like I had been shot at and missed sh¡T at and hit. Fever, aches, taste buds, you know the litany of the list. I'm waiting for the test results but I'm pretty sure I have it. I'm keeping the symptoms at bay with C, zinc, D3, vitamins, Tylenol, muscenex. It's got worse but not unbearable. I plan on hitting the orange juice hard today. I'm recovering from a stroke (only health issue LOL), not over weight, bp under control, so I don't think I'm at serious risk, tho the stroke was over a year ago, it was hemorrhagic so there is that.

Is there much else preventative stuff I can do? I'm a little concerned but not too stressed.

Have you seen the COVID supplement list that I’ve posted on here before?
If not, I can repost.

·
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you seen the COVID supplement list that I’ve posted on here before?
If not, I can repost.
No I have not.

·
M62/76
12,420 Posts
I had it back in January. I loaded up on Vitamin D and fortunately it was very mild. Best of luck

·
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don’t rush your recovery. Sometimes people take a turn for the worse after 8 days.
Yeah that's what I'm afraid of

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
God grant you a mild case and a quick recovery!

As everybody else has said, your odds are good, pace yourself, and pay attention for any downturns, esp. In the 8-12 day range.

Don't be hesitant to get checked out if things go downhill. Better to be evaluated and not need medical intervention, then to need it and not seek it out.

·
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just keep taking all those supplements until you’re completely over it. Chances are really good that you’ll be fine.

I didn’t even know I had it until I couldn’t taste anything. I’ve had colds that were worse than this.
I took a shower today, (a challenge already due to the stroke). Kicked my butt. My blood O2 went down big-time. Went back up when I sat down.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts

Do you have an Oximeter? If not get one, they are pretty cheap and Amazon and Walgreens carries them. Keep track of your oxygen sat numbers. If you drop below 90% seek help....there are more knowledgeable people than me on this site, so if they give better advice listen to them.

·
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do you have an Oximeter? If not get one, they are pretty cheap and Amazon and Walgreens carries them. Keep track of your oxygen sat numbers. If you drop below 90% seek help....there are more knowledgeable people than me on this site, so if they give better advice listen to them.
I have an O2 meter. I've been watching it. Resting O2 is 97-98. Feel better but waiting for the other shoe to drop. LOL

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
When my wife had it, after a couple days of not a big deal she had a 3 day span of being in bed. She has recovered just fine, but she doesn't even remember those 3 days. It was really like a really bad case of the "flu"... which, I guess, it actually is!

Just get on the couch and watch YouTube military history videos. Oh, also check out KM Music "mash up" dance videos.

Reactions: Westexas

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I had it last year.
I have always taken those vitamins, so it just seemed like a sinus cold.
I took 10 big Omega 3 capsules per day for 3 days to reduce inflammation in the chest.
Then back to the usual 4.
Thiamine gets burned out quickly by sickness or medications.
Thiamine deficiency can quickly become severe deficiency, resulting in severe symptoms, that can lead to heart failure and beriberi.
But take all of the B complex vitamins together in a good multi vitamin/ mineral formula like Life Extention’s Multi 2.

This has everything in it.
Plus extra Vitamin D3 added for COVID-19.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts