close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I am Very Impressed!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by 1911lover, Sep 16, 2004.

1. 1911lover

1911lover Fiddler1911

About 4 months ago I decided on replacing the sound system in my bedroom. Previously I have had a make-shift surround sound system made out of four huge fisher speakers, that put out hardly any sound. Also included in my system was four computer speakers set up quadririphonic style. The powerhouse was a 20+ year old 8 track player.

I resarched affordable (<110$) dvd/surround sound stereos on the web. I originally wanted a system with a radio, but could not find any withen my budget. Unfortunately, I found the best place to buy stereos of my specification was walmart...

I found a ge system that seemed pretty nice. $88. It had th standard 5 speakers and subwoofer. I bought it took it home, not expecting it to be anything special, and set it up. It had not said this on the box, but it had 2 auxilary inputs, so I could attatch my t.v. and p.c. to it.

I sat the four speaker at the top of my rooms four corners, the center speaker behind my tv, and subwoofer under my couch. I continued to set up each speaker induvidually ( my room has many nooks that make the speakers be farther away from my center location.

After setting it up to my content, I put in one of my classic rock cd's. I was instantly amazed by the sound quality. It was much richer and fuller than what i expected for a $88, 120 watt stereo.

After four months it still preforms just as well as the day i bought it, and is showing no signs of wear.

[​IMG]

2. plato

plato softie

3. chevrofreak

chevrofreak Senior Member

Do you actually watch or listen to anything that can benefit from surround sound? ;n

4. 1911lover

1911lover Fiddler1911

Haha, well actually, surround sound has proved great with all my dvds, and many of my cds are also surround

5. PDogSniper

PDogSniper

Would you be interested in selling that 8 Track....?

6. 1911lover

1911lover Fiddler1911

I'm not sure if I still have it, i'll have to check. What eight tracks do you have?

7. lomfs24

lomfs24

Just to name a few, Days of Thunder, Godzilla, Eagles, When Hell Freezes Over, Independance Day etc.... Most dvd's are much better in surround sound if it is set up properly.

8. chevrofreak

chevrofreak Senior Member

I was just joking because he said he was listening to music with it, which really doesnt show a surround sound systems true capabilities.

I dont own a surround sound system, but I sure wish I did. A lot of the sci-fi and action DVD's I have are just begging for a 500 watt 5.1 system.

9. 1911lover

1911lover Fiddler1911

Actually,the Switchfoot cd i am listening to now begins no bass, and a beat to the left, then a beat to the right. then surroun kicks in and blows me away!

10. RaiderRodney

RaiderRodney Just Win Baby

Oh my yes! When I set up my Yamaha Surround system I was amazed by the sound...you just thought there was big difference in picture quality with dvd's...just wait till you hear some DTS soundtracks such as the Lord of the Rings Special Editions...

I paid way to much for the setup but I love it. They have come down so far in price now, please give in and buy one, you will not regret it :) Just be sure to fork out the extra for decent wiring as well. At the very least..by Monster Cables. Sorry, I know this is off topic...I got carried away a little ;f