close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I am taking my dog into the vet for the last time today...

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Canucksvt, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Canucksvt

Canucksvt

Hello everyone,

I do not post very often, but I read here frequently. Today I am taking my 13.5 year old Dalmatian (Canuck) in to the vet for the last time. He has been losing control of his bodily functions for the past few months, and is having a hard time getting up and walking. The past week he has not eaten reguarly. He is losing weight, and yesterday, as I cleaned him up from a mess he had made, I could just see it in his eyes. The time has come. It is time to face the inevitable. I discussed this with my family and we are all in agreement.

Here are some pics of him from February, 2002...one of which he is with his old friend Terry, who we had to have put down in October, 2004. Today Canuck will join Terry again. Please pray for my family as we deal with our loss. Thank you to everyone on this board, you are all wonderful.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

I know that this is a rough time for you.

Been there done that didn't like it.

But in a while another set of bright eyes will grab your heart,

Rainbow Bridge
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

3. Steelheader99

Steelheader99

My prayers go out to you and your's.

:sad:

4. Armed&Feminine

Armed&Feminine Adhuc vivo!

5. Blinky

Blinky Rocket Surgeon

Take comfort in the fact that you made the best decision for him. Also know that he is with and old friend now, and someday you will be too...

6. Glock_36

Glock_36 Jason

My prayers are with you and your family in this tough time.
    It is tough when you lose a member of the family.
    We have gone through this 3 times so far.
    May God Bless you with Peace and Tranquility in this tough time.

7. Canucksvt

Canucksvt

Thank you to all who replied. I know we made the right decision, and even though I am saddened to know he is gone, I know he is better off now than he was. Losing a pet is always difficult, and time will heal the wounds to some extent. We have acquired two additional pups in the past 2 years :dog: :dog:...a Miniature Pinscher, and a Dachshund, who are helping to alleviate the pain of another dog gone. :snoopy:

8. forthehalibut

forthehalibut

:angel: :angel:

Sorry for your loss. It sounds like you gave him a really good and long life. He is most grateful for that, too.

9. BobRicks

BobRicks

Just last month I had to put down my mini daschund that I had for 16 yeara. It was hard, and I cried like a baby. I know that I did the right thing and she is no longer suffering.

I feel for you canucksvt, I know what you are going through. Will keep you and your family in my prayers.

On a side note, tomorrow, I am going to my tattoo artist and have a tattoo of my late puppy tattooed above my heart. When I shave in the morning and look in the mirror, she will be there looking at me, and I will never forget her.

God bless, as I said earlier, I know what you are going through right now, and it is sure not any fun.

10. Guod

Guod

I have no idea how the hell I am ever going to deal with my dog dying. I have never cared about another pet so much in my life. Sometimes I regret ever getting him, because I know how bad it's gonna hurt when he goes. I know that is selfish on my part, but it's the truth. Whenever I read these kinds of posts it makes me very sad.