Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, y'all,
I have just joined this forum. It looks cool. But let me introduce myself.
I was born and raised in Italy and immigrated (LEGALLY) to the U.S. in 1975. I have been all over the place: Italy, Austria, Germany, California(1 1/2 years), Montana (7 years), Alaska (29 years), and now I live in rural Alabama, and I love it. I am a gun nut and a hunting maniac. Strangely though, for someone who joined this forum, I own lots of firearms but no Glocks. Colts, Rugers, S&W's, Berettas--you name it. Shotguns, rifles, revolvers, auto pistols... This may make someone here twist his mouth sardonically, but for self-defense I carry a 1911, either a Colt Combat Elite or a Kimber Royal II. My wife carries in her purse a Sig P250 and (in a bra holster) a Ruger LCP9s, both pistols in 9 Parabellum. Here in Alabama I have a nice little spread around the house, where I have a few chickens and a horse, and another piece of land at about two miles from the house where I hunt. I hunt for doves, turkeys, whitetails, coyotes, and crows. I do a little trapping close to the house to eliminate raccoons and opossums that threaten my chickens (I lost some last year, none this year.) This hunting season I shot three deer and quit or I would have had to buy a third freezer.
I am a retired high school teacher and my wife is a retired music teacher. Our daughter lives in Phoenix with her husband and our three-year-old granddaughter. I am looking forward to share my views (I have opinions on lots of things) with you, but mostly I am eager to learn new tricks (even though I AM an old dog) from those who know more than I do (which is very little) about guns and other subjects. I landed here by chance. I found a discussion on hunting robins. I found it interesting and I joined the forum. Then I realized that there are lots of things to read here, and I'll be quiet while I learn to find my way here and the subjects that interest me and that I can discuss pretending that I know something about them.
Thank you,
Herman

·
Registered
45,279 Posts
Welcome to GT.

Reactions: Paul53

·
"Knowledge Speaks - Wisdom Listens,"
29,804 Posts
Enjoy GT.............:welcome:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Hello from Miami! Welcome to the forum. I look foward to reading your posts.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I need to translate my last post (1:37 p.m.) for those two or three forum members who don't speak or understand Italian. It means that GT are the initials of my real name.

·
Life is good
3,133 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome aboard from a ready-to-be retired high school principal in North Carolina!
Thank you, but I must tell you that when I was a teacher I was often welcomed by principals at the beginning of the school year, but later they all wished I had not been tenured...
I hope you will not change your mind like the others. You see, I have always been a rebel and never a "yes man." And--much worse, in a public school context--I've always been politically incorrect, anti-teachers' unions, and right-leaning. In other words, a troublemaker.
However, thank you again for your welcome. And I want to thank also all those others who have welcomed me so warmly.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.