21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,394 Posts

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,089 Posts
Pretty easy, they are all keyed the same
Yes and no. Caterpillar has one key for each type of equipment (which I always thought was stupid, what's the point of even having a key). Daddy has two tlb's, and the same key starts both (mine was the one with air conditioning LOL). But it doesn't fit the dozer, loader, or excavator.

·
Registered
12,358 Posts
Yes and no. Caterpillar has one key for each type of equipment (which I always thought was stupid, what's the point of even having a key). Daddy has two tlb's, and the same key starts both (mine was the one with air conditioning LOL). But it doesn't fit the dozer, loader, or excavator.
I understand it is only different by year but worse than that:
https://www.amazon.com/Keys-Heavy-E...eywords=equipment+keys&qid=1603811013&sr=8-20

Also, the fire key in all elevators is the same and the code is published. That is a real problem if you live in the top floor penthouse in NYC and you think you are safe because of the elevator.

https://www.amazon.com/FEO-K1-Eleva...words=elevator+fire+key&qid=1603811131&sr=8-7

·
Registered
12,358 Posts
On a different note, I was just wondering, is it legal to put signs on public land/easements? Isn't that littering? And if you do is it illegal for me to remove?

We have some in the center of a roundabout. I don't want to look at that crap regardless of whose it is.

·
Premium Member
24,818 Posts
On a different note, I was just wondering, is it legal to put signs on public land/easements? Isn't that littering? And if you do is it illegal for me to remove?

We have some in the center of a roundabout. I don't want to look at that crap regardless of whose it is.
Well if it bothers you. Call the city and complain. I’m sure they obstruct visibility...

·
Registered
12,358 Posts
Well if it bothers you. Call the city and complain. I’m sure they obstruct visibility...
I was just going to pull them out and throw them away but they are biden signs so I am sure that is racist.

·
Custom Title Goes Here
1,144 Posts
And all this time I have been saying "You don't see any Trump fans stealing or destroying Biden/Harris signs."

FML. This guy is an idiot, ruining it for the rest of us. Let the Democrats have the bad guy title and be the ones that steal signs and destroy property because they are the hateful POS - not us conservative types.

Drunken *******.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
This guy is an idiot, ruining it for the rest of us. Let the Democrats have the bad guy title and be the ones that steal signs and destroy property because they are the hateful POS - not us conservative types.
Drunken *******.
That's the problem with drugs: Drugs don't care what ideology you support. They will cause you to do stupid things regardless. Things you'd never do while sober.

Just say no to drugs and liberalism. Both cause you to make unwise life choices.

·
Registered
10,165 Posts
Maybe "Grand Theft Dozer" isn't in the penal code so this is the closest they could come up with to charge him on
Well, if 'Grand Theft Dozer' isn't in the penal code, then it's not illegal. They can't just make s*** up. A good lawyer might argue that one. :)

·
NRA Life Member
28,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Maybe GTA is " Grand Theft Animal ". That should work ; ( Grand Theft Cat ).

Reactions: nrajeff and flyover

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Hahaha,
Years ago ..... never mind.......
One time in Peoria Il. After spending the day with Caterpillar they told me the story of removing the engines from their D9 (Large Bulldozer) outdoor displays, explaining that if one was stolen / started by a bad guy there would be no stopping it. They we’re specifically concerned it would take out the levi walls.
Fun fact: the gas pedal is opposite to a car........ you keep you foot on the throttle to keep it going slow.....
A guy did that and there's a movie/documentary.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Here is a guy with a definite hate streak on his mind.

How the hell do you just steal a bulldozer??
My BIL and a bunch of friends stole a bulldozer with the keys in it. They turned it loose at idle speed and it hit a berm (that they thought would stop it), it turned, went over 6 lanes and between two large trees and hit a house, knocking it off the foundation. They got off because the company didn’t secure it.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Well, if 'Grand Theft Dozer' isn't in the penal code, then it's not illegal. They can't just make s*** up. A good lawyer might argue that one. :)
There's always Grand Theft of Property available to charge him with, I reckon. (Stealing someone's stuff that's worth more than X dollars, making it grand theft instead of petty theft)

21 - 39 of 39 Posts