close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I Am Close To Not Supporting the American Worker

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by DanaT, Apr 29, 2012.

1. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Friday was one of those days where it was reinforced why off-shoring is occurring and why American's are losing jobs to over seas. I expect it to continue tomorrow.

So, anyways, I have a very large client in Europe and I am building parts of a factory for them. As such, I have preferred people that I have worked with in the past. These companies happen to be American companies that make damn good industrial equipment.

This is not cheap industrial equipment either.

To make a long story short, I had to setup a new bank account as it had to be compatible with the European bank wire transfer. I told the bank exactly what I was doing when I set up the account. There was no problem with it.

Well, how it works is that I buy equipment and part in the USA and sell it in Europe. Well, needless to say, there is a lot of money moving into and out of the account. It is kind of the nature of buying and selling.

Friday, I needed to make a wire transfer out of the account to pay for some equipment that I am buying. It took the bank three hours to verify signatures because it was too much money and they had to get approval from their main branch. After all the hassle, the bank called our lovely police and notified them of "too much money" coming into and out of the account. The policed called and they asked what the money was being transferred for. They were told none of their business and if they think something illegal is going on, to get a warrant and check bank records otherwise I have nothing to talk to them about.

Well, the bank called after that and wanted to keep a ridiculous high minimum balance of they were going to shut our account down. We said, fine. Cut us a cashiers check and we will be there in 10 minutes to take all the money. Well, then they started talking and wanted us to reconsider. They were told have it done in 10 minutes.

We went to bank across the street, opened an account. They loved to see that much money moved in.

Next issue I have had to deal with is giving a machine shop TONS of business. It made their year. But dealing with these people. They didn't want to give bank wire information because their account number would be known and it is unsecure. Guess what people. If you write a check, your bank account number is on AND your signature. In addition, it isn't secured. Do people think banks write checks to each other or wire money? Wiring is MUCH more secure and it can't be reversed.

The effort to actually do business, between every .gov agency wanting involved, Americans generally being 20 years behind the curve with banking, and the general hassle of dealing with the crap just makes me wonder why I should continue to support the American businesses and workers. People have voted in this stupidity and maybe it is time to reap what they have voted in.

Tomorrow will be fun. I will meet with the City Manager about his police. The funny part is the little town really want the European company I am working with the build their new factory in the small town and I have been working with him to get things done favorably. I am sure he is going to like to hear that if his police feel the need to get involved in business transactions, I have no need to move the factory here. I am the one who decides where it is placed. I liked the small town where I live because it is close to where I live.

Just frustrating how anti-business these clowns can be. Sunday night rant. I wanted to start vacation Saturday and have to deal with this before I start my vacation.

-Dana

2. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

It's about the drugs, yo. Same reason we don't have 1,000 bills.

3. Mister_Beefy

Mister_Beefy Legal & Proper

hey man, don't knock the police.

they're just following the rules and regulations set forth by politicians.

politicians elected by YOU.

so it's your fault.

at least, that's what I've been told before....

4. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

You just have got to love how ridiculous things are in this country right now. If government agencies spent more time actually making the country run as opposed to trying to be a nanny state worrying about what everyone is doing, things would be a lot better.

As far as the banks are concerned, don't even get me started on a rant about that. As for the American work force and work ethic.....

HA!

And so many people wonder why so much industry went over seas.

5. Keoking

Keoking

Damn straight. Money laundering is some difficult ****.

:supergrin:

6. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

If I were laundering money, I wouldn't be using banks in the European Union with tax treaties and bank reporting treaties.

That would be stupid. I would be using places like the Seychelles Islands and Cayman Islands. I am cleaver enough to figure that out (if I wanted to do it). And the beaches are nicer.

-Dana

7. RustyShackelford

RustyShackelford > OD Glock 32

Well, were all the hoops that you had to jump through via .gov or via the policies of the particular branch of banking? If it's .gov, then it would seem that you will have similar barriers at the bank across the street.

If it's because of .gov stuff, I would guess that the policies have been ramped up due to 9/11 etc. You don't want the terrorists to win, do you...?

8. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1) Bank called the Police
    2) Police followed up the call from the bank
    3) Post about above put in the forum
    4) Usual suspects began wailing, nashing of teeth, and wringing of hands, all upset about "The Police".

Read his post again, it's not about "The Police".

9. ugly8604

ugly8604

So the OP received a call from the police department who were performing their due dligence and investigating a report of suspicious circumstances from a bank. The OP becomes passive aggressive on the phone, telling them to "pound sand and get a warrant," and now wants a meeting with the city government to complain about the police doing their jobs?

What a ****ing whacko. :rofl:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  10. ugly8604

ugly8604

Oh, I forgot, this is the same loon who thinks cops and firemen should get paid based on some dumbass formula designed for factory workers and other laborer jobs.

It all makes sense now. Move along people, nothing to see here.

11. Glocksanity

Glocksanity

Sounds like you should be pissed at the bureaucracy that treats Americans as suspected criminals for simply doing business. Then you have a compliant police force that blindly follows the rules and upholds stupid laws and gladly accepts their jobs as thugs to make their payday.

12. Glocksanity

Glocksanity

Nazi soldiers were just doing their jobs too.

13. arclight610

arclight610

I don't think this has much to do with real American business, mostly just banks. It's banks that got us into all this trouble in the first place.

14. Rodman24

Rodman24

Here we go again.

15. ugly8604

ugly8604

The fact you are comparing a local police force in Colorado to Nazi's really just confirms the fact you as a nuts as the OP. I don't comprehend how retarded it is that you guys are actually upset the police called inquiring about a situation they were made aware of by the bank. How do you buffoons know what the bank told the cops? How do you know they didn't blow things out of proportion, sparking the police curiosity?

Even if all the cops received a call of suspicious circumstances it makes literally no sense what so ever to villainize them for making a simple phone call.

If you are this upset over this situation (which equates to absolutely NOTHING) imagine how pissed you would be if the cops got to pick and choose what situations they looked into? This sounds like a great police department which cares about it's community. It's evident that they do based on going the extra mile for a reporting party despite the fact no obvious crime had occurred.

If they were nazi's wouldn't they have simply crashed through the OP's business with a Tiger tank and thrown everybody in a concentration camp? Yeah. What did they actually do? Make a phone call. OHHH NOOOOEEEEZZZ .

****ing clown.

16. TankerMax

TankerMax

Actually how are bank transaction a police concern? Isn't that the jurisdiction of the FBI, IRS and the secret service? I don't remember my former department getting involved with banking issues unless there was a robbery in progress.

The OP seemed to be lamenting the problems encountered whilest trying to conduct legal financial business with an institution whose sole purpose is to assist its customers with financial business. I woulda taken my funds elsewhere also.

17. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

How long were you there, and how big was the agency? Because every decent size agency I know has some type of detective that investigates bank robberies, as well as fraud and identity theft issues.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  18. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

19. hammerkill

hammerkill

For whatever reason large amounts of money are coming in and out of an account are none of anyone's business.

20. tous

tous GET A ROPE!

I have had the same issues with American banks. They get you in a room full of pissy little MBAs who scowl at you and flat out tell you, "No, we do not want your millions of dollars in our bank unless you kneel down and kiss our asses. We're what you call experts." :upeyes:

So, I do business with a small regional bank. I walked in, met the feller, told him what I needed. He told me what the fees were. We shook hands and commenced to bankin'.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012